Changes are complete! And we have a schedule!

Debi, I'm confused about this name change and the forum overhaul - it seems that this forum is no longer associated with Midnight in the Desert. Is that correct? And if so, why?

And why are all of the posts older than a few days now archived? Aren't those discussions relevant anymore?

I don't understand the motivation or the purpose of all this - is there an explanation I can read somewhere? I'm also struck by the suddenness - was this planned before Art hung up the mic a week and a half ago, or is this a consequence of it that began within a few days of his announcement?

The new layout is interesting and should be helpful for focusing people with specific interests to discuss their favorite subjects together. But as you can see I have a lot of questions.

Any clarity you could offer would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, Chronaut.

To answer your questions, first, all the threads that are in the archives are available for comments and posts. That's why we keep them here for your convenience. All threads in the archives are active. We chose to rebuild with a clean slate for ease of reformatting and a new look.

Second, no, this was not planned before Art's latest retirement. However, the staff and I felt that with Art moving on and leaving again, we as a forum would move forward into the future as well. We wish Art well with his family and retirement. Art made his choice, and we have chosen our own new path as well.

Much work went into making the changes as quickly as possible. Many members were involved in the changes and we hope everyone will enjoy the new look of the forum and the new opportunities to expand and explore all things paranormal.

Debi
Admin.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions Debi. You've always been a very attentive and encouraging admin.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi