Chain Letters

have you ever gotten a chain letter and have you ever broken one and what happened?
I remember getting those back in the day of ya had to write the darn thing 10 times and get stamps and send them to people who then hated you as much as you hated the one who just sent the first one to you! lol I still get a few on FB and ignore them completely. Totally. Won't even touch them!

The other annoying ones are the "Pass this meme to 5 people and tomorrow you'll be rich" ones. Ugh.

I actually think those things work a bit like a curse. If you believe that by not complying with sending them on you will have bad luck, it will happen to you as you will draw that energy to yourself.

And thanks for a very fun question today!

LOL. that's too true. you won't have 10 friends after you send them the letter. what we should have done was send them to 10 people we hated. lol.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I remember getting those back in the day of ya had to write the darn thing 10 times and get stamps and send them to people who then hated you as much as you hated the one who just sent the first one to you! lol I still get a few on FB and ignore them completely. Totally. Won't even touch them!

The other annoying ones are the "Pass this meme to 5 people and tomorrow you'll be rich" ones. Ugh.

I actually think those things work a bit like a curse. If you believe that by not complying with sending them on you will have bad luck, it will happen to you as you will draw that energy to yourself.

And thanks for a very fun question today!
Have you ever seen rare Pepe’s?
BE7DC466-4436-4E78-B21D-853A856AC704.jpeg

Reactions: ghostkind and Debi
I made a determination a long time ago not to participate. I too remember the actual letters being sent to the house. I dont think I ever participated. I don’t like them and like Debi I ignore them. On social media I scroll past and so t acknowledge them. I figure if I don’t give them a thought it won’t effect me.

Last edited:
I’ve blocked people for sending me chain mail
That is a very important component to a suit of armor.:p
I remember those but l never participated. I was saving all of my stamps to order things from the back of comic books. Stationary was reserved for letters to Santa.

I just do the angel ones where an angel will watch over you if you send this out to friends. 5 usually. I don't do them as like you said, they tick me off and some I do believe but I never have enough friends to send them to there. Or that I want to bother with it. So I ignore those. Now after this, won't do any of them. Thanks for this help. Very wise.

Reactions: ghostkind
I was shocked when a friend sent me once in the 80's when snail mail. I was so mad at her. lol I had to ignore it. My parents wouldn't have wanted me to bother with that many stamps anyway. I think dad told me to ignore it so I did. Good advice there dad.

Reactions: ghostkind