Care coordination: The new age of Medicine

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

This is so true. I almost cried when I read it because this is not talked about much but has impacted my life at the core level. Have you noticed this change yet with your own care?

Oh, most definitely. What really makes me uneasy is the fast tracked nurse practioners out there, who can't pronounce the names of my medications. Or maybe I should mention the way they take blood pressure readings incorrectly (arm dangling instead of at heart level) or perhaps it's weighing people with shoes on so that it automatically adds weight to your actual weight. And not to mention that their solutions and responses are given from a computer program, and not a trained medical professional, using their own judgement.

We have arrived in hell in our very own hand baskets.

I have been very lucky to not have any medical assistance/issues as of yet. Though i still have issues breathing through my nose because of a procedure i had years back. Bang up job there! I have made it my duty to NOT go to one anymore. It is a waste of time and breath with it. Oh you're sick...we'll see you in three weeks...oh you have zero insurance, Come On In! So sad and so aggravating. Until medical costs and professionalism is refined, i'll just drop dead at home and wheelbarrow me to the kiln.

The healthcare system is a mess like most of our population systems. You have to be your own advocate or have someone help you if you are incapacitated. It's a shame but we have to deal with it I guess. The vetinary system is really messed up right now too. The large animal vets are few and far between and the ones that are around aren't taking new patients. This also means if a present client gets a new horse, they will only take care of the one you already have not the new one!! I recently heard about a local horse that put a hoof through a wall and needed stiches badly. It happened at an inconvenient time (as always) and the vet refused to come. They called other local vets, and they refused on the basis they were not taking any new clients. The horse bled to death after half a day of suffering. Where is the humanity and compassion? What has happened to us in the last few years. Can we blame everything on Covid? I think it was time we get back to being human again or we are all doomed to live in a cold brutal world.

The healthcare system is a mess like most of our population systems. You have to be your own advocate or have someone help you if you are incapacitated. It's a shame but we have to deal with it I guess. The vetinary system is really messed up right now too. The large animal vets are few and far between and the ones that are around aren't taking new patients. This also means if a present client gets a new horse, they will only take care of the one you already have not the new one!! I recently heard about a local horse that put a hoof through a wall and needed stiches badly. It happened at an inconvenient time (as always) and the vet refused to come. They called other local vets, and they refused on the basis they were not taking any new clients. The horse bled to death after half a day of suffering. Where is the humanity and compassion? What has happened to us in the last few years. Can we blame everything on Covid? I think it was time we get back to being human again or we are all doomed to live in a cold brutal world.
That is horrible about that horse! It's all about the money now.

I worked within the old system for years and was able to navigate it well. Now, I feel like I am battling a system that itself has no idea what it's doing half the time. I don't think it has anything to do with Covid...this change began before that happened.

And once again, it's always about the money. Healthcare is a full fledged business now, not about the patient.

And once again, it's always about the money. Healthcare is a full fledged business now, not about the patient.
I never thought I'd see the day when there are large billboards on the highways advertising illness. Or when the doctor's office calls ME to schedule unnecessary procedures instead of waiting for me to ask for treatment. I am so disgusted with this system that other countries are starting to look appealing!

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
Not to start a whole political thing..but seems after the advent of O C that's when the health care system started to flush down the toilet.