Captain Marvel Remake

T-Bob

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
For fans of the ORIGINAL Captain Marvel, here's a detail from the 1940 WHIZ comic. It's sad to see what Hollywood has done to our heros. It also depicts Spy Smasher, who fought evil Nazis in the 1942 Republic serial, Spy Smasher.

Capt Marvel.jpg

Reactions: Armand
I like the serial we watched bob, i never really knew of shazam other than that 1979 remake they showed but the original we watched on out first movie night proved to me the old black and whites were the best. I dont like the new CM and really dont know where our scyfy saturday movie night went but it isnt the same man. I been wanting to do the CM thing over but it's out of my hands now everyone wants color movies and the actors just suck.

I like the serial we watched bob, i never really knew of shazam other than that 1979 remake they showed but the original we watched on out first movie night proved to me the old black and whites were the best. I dont like the new CM and really dont know where our scyfy saturday movie night went but it isnt the same man. I been wanting to do the CM thing over but it's out of my hands now everyone wants color movies and the actors just suck.
Armand, I agree with you on this. However, most people want to see color, and someone that they recognize. In my opinion, The Adventures of Captain Marvel (Republic, 1941) is the best movie serial ever made, and one of the best movies. I once worked with an engineer, a young guy in his 20s, who had never seen anything shot in B&W, and said he never will. I asked if he had seen The Andy Griffith Show, and he didn't have a clue about what I was talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke
In answer to your complaint on where did Saturday Night movie go....we started movie night in Jan. of 2016. For 3 years we have watched almost all of the available decent movies of the black and white era that we can use here. It's had to evolve or die. We continue to look at some older ones as we find them, and many of those you've been absent for but those links are still available to you on the PM we use for movies.

We are doing our best to find movies of all different genres. If you have more suggestions, put them on our PM and we'll see if they will work for the group.

Reactions: 7Critter