Capt. Picard return???

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Make it so!!!!

Patrick Stewart may return as Capt. Picard amid CBS push to expand 'Star Trek' franchise

A new deal inked between CBS Television Studios and producer Alex Kurtzman may set the stage for one of science fiction’s most beloved characters, Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, to return to television.

Kurtzman acts as the sole showrunner on the CBS All Access series “Star Trek: Discovery” in addition to executive producing hits for the network such as “Hawaii Five-0,” “Scorpion” and “Instinct.” According to The Hollywood Reporter Kurtzman renewed his overall deal with the network signing a massive five-year extension that would see him expand the “Star Trek” franchise by developing new series and content for the network.

News of an expansion comes as “Star Trek: Discovery” continues to resonate with fans and rumors about Patrick Stewart potentially reprising his role as Picard from “Star Trek: The Next Generation” gain steam. THR reports early rumblings that Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman, who left “Discovery” after Season 1, are working to reboot the "Next Generation" franchise and give Stewart’s fan-beloved character new life on the small screen.

Full story at site!

I have to admit that I am NOT a Star Trek fan at all, lol!! I have maybe only seen two or three episodes of the original TV series, and have never seen any of the movies:eek: