Can't explain this one

The house we live in has also been a rental in the past. We used it as such when we had two homes. Moved back here when we got Gabe as I needed 3 bedrooms and sold the two bedroom one. It's possible it was my usual visitor Jacob, a young man that committed suicide on the property. Normally we don't see him except in the fall, but it's possible it was him. Just not how he usually shows himself. I've never had an audible from him nor has he ever shown himself as a ball of light. And I'm telling you that ball was small but BRIGHT.
Perhaps he has finally crossed over and was showing you. A final good by of sorts. I had another thought too. Could one of your sons been out of body traveling in the dream state? And one more, many of us have lost early pregnancy’s some we may not even be aware of. Also debi you have been the spiritual mother to many. Pray for clarification. Then tell us lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I realized there was some posted I missed, so sorry if I copied others suggestions. I also like Oz’s suggestion that it might have been your mom, letting you know it was her visiting.

When I was a kid my grandmother told me about an incident she had when she was young. She said a small bright orb sailed into her room, flew around and then flew out again. I can't remember all the details. It went under her bed at one point. I don't think it talked to her, though.

Perhaps he has finally crossed over and was showing you. A final good by of sorts. I had another thought too. Could one of your sons been out of body traveling in the dream state? And one more, many of us have lost early pregnancy’s some we may not even be aware of. Also debi you have been the spiritual mother to many. Pray for clarification. Then tell us lol.
I'm most certainly praying on it, Lynne. Any of the suggestions given by you guys could be valid. As you know, I'm one who hates to "assume". Until it's revealed to me what it was, I'm acknowledging something wanted my attention, I felt it to be totally non-threatening, and I accept the experience as true and valid. Other than that, I can't assign it a cause at this moment in time.

I got so tied in the what, I forgot to ask you about the whoa! What was the experience like seeing the orb-light? Is that your first time Debi for that kind of experience? I don’t recall ever having something similar. Whoa!
I am not one to startle easily...lol My kids say I am almost non-reactive when something happens. The truth is I have learned to be an observer over the years in healthcare, so I was more "awed" than anything but went right into observer mode making mental notes as it happened. Especially because I've been a bit conflicted on orbs to begin with. Over time I had come to the conclusion there were two kinds....spiritual and dust.

Gotta tell you...this was not dust. Not even in the ballpark. And yes, this is my first round with an orb light that was visual.

When I was a kid my grandmother told me about an incident she had when she was young. She said a small bright orb sailed into her room, flew around and then flew out again. I can't remember all the details. It went under her bed at one point. I don't think it talked to her, though.
I've heard stories of them but this is my first experience with one. And yes, this one "sailed". Good way to describe it's entry. It popped into existence, sailed towards me, briefly stopped and "hopped" left about two inches, hopped back to the right and then headed for the window. Almost like it wanted to look at me before it flew out.

This reminds me of an experience I had about fifteen years ago. I was sound asleep when the telephone rang, and my first reaction was of annoyance, because it was after one o'clock in the morning. I answered it, and heard a young man's voice say, "Hello. Mom?" I groggily told him that he had the wrong number. My only child was my daughter. After I hung up, I felt a strange sadness, and an odd yearning to hear that voice again. I felt concern; because of how late he had called, I wondered if he was alright. And I was puzzled about my concern because it was a complete stranger who had obviously dialed the wrong number. But the feeling persisted.

After giving it much thought, I had the odd feeling that it had been my son, whom I had lost to premature birth. He would have been twenty five at that time. I kept hoping he would call again, but he never did.

Those of us who are mothers know how emotionally laden the name "Mom" is. We hear our child say it, and it wakens the heart and all that it means to be a mother.