Candle Magic

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Have you ever worked with candles for a prayer, spell, or intention work? If you wonder how to work with candles and need a base for understanding how it all works and what it means, here's a good link for you to try.

The candle signs dictionary (What does it mean when my candle does that?)

Candle_signs_dictionary_large.jpg

Reactions: Tia
I’ve used candles in all of the few solitary ritual ceremonies I’ve done.

In every case I have used a combination of white and beige candles as I wanted to keep my intent clean/pure. Since I was not holding circle with any intent on money, health, love, change, etc., I purposely did not include colored candles.

I’ve used a combination of tapers and pillars. I preferred the idea of small tapers because I have been able to exhaust them within just hours of lighting them. I found that pillars, which generally last longer over multiple days, left me wondering if my intents from prior rituals might still be lingering and possibly interfering with my next ritual. I didn’t have that concern with my other tools which I cleansed after ritual but those tools were made from more solid mundane materials like glass, metal, crystal, or shell. For some reason my mind perceived that the wax of the unused candles might retain my prior intents.

Any hoot, I have used colored candles within public circles. I’ve never led a public circle - just attended. But I’ve contributed color correlated candles to several ritual alters in support of the published circle celebration.

Reactions: Debi
I’ve used candles in all of the few solitary ritual ceremonies I’ve done.

In every case I have used a combination of white and beige candles as I wanted to keep my intent clean/pure. Since I was not holding circle with any intent on money, health, love, change, etc., I purposely did not include colored candles.

I’ve used a combination of tapers and pillars. I preferred the idea of small tapers because I have been able to exhaust them within just hours of lighting them. I found that pillars, which generally last longer over multiple days, left me wondering if my intents from prior rituals might still be lingering and possibly interfering with my next ritual. I didn’t have that concern with my other tools which I cleansed after ritual but those tools were made from more solid mundane materials like glass, metal, crystal, or shell. For some reason my mind perceived that the wax of the unused candles might retain my prior intents.

Any hoot, I have used colored candles within public circles. I’ve never led a public circle - just attended. But I’ve contributed color correlated candles to several ritual alters in support of the published circle celebration.
I pretty much work exclusively with candle magic at this point in my life. Takes less energy and I happen to be pretty good at it.

You are right about the wax, btw. It can and does retain the energy surrounding prior intention work.

I pretty much work exclusively with candle magic at this point in my life. Takes less energy and I happen to be pretty good at it.

You are right about the wax, btw. It can and does retain the energy surrounding prior intention work.

Yippee. My concerns were within reason,

The one set of pillars that I didn’t exhaust I bound with ribbon and camphor, blessed, and then buried.

I did that because I have a general concern about my uncontrolled intents getting out into the ether.

Yippee. My concerns were within reason,

The one set of pillars that I didn’t exhaust I bound with ribbon, blessed, and then buried.

I did that because I have a general concern about my uncontrolled intents getting out into the ether.
You can also bind them (as you did nicely) and put them in a jar to dispose of later. I have problems with burials in winter here with the freeze and snow! lol

You can also bind them (as you did nicely) and put them in a jar to dispose of later. I have problems with burials in winter here with the freeze and snow! lol
Lid on jar, thanks.

I like the idea of the jar too Debi.

I added to my post that I bound the pillars with ribbon AND camphor with intent of purifying them.

I like the idea of the jar to Debi.

I added to my post that I bound the pillars with ribbon AND camphor with intent of purifying them.
That works. I usually use very small candles. I have many, many prayer requests and sometimes my alter can be a fire hazard.

Do you breathe your intentions into the flame and let it rise, Wands? It's very effective.

That works. I usually use very small candles. I have many, many prayer requests and sometimes my alter can be a fire hazard.

Do you breathe your intentions into the flame and let it rise, Wands? It's very effective.

I’m uncertain of that technique Debi. It might be like my own of speaking my intent in front of the candle and then immediately blowing out the flame. I let the smoke carry my intent. Is that similar?

I’m uncertain of that technique Debi. It might be like my own of speaking my intent in front of the candle and then immediately blowing out the flame. I let the smoke carry my intent. Is that similar?
There ya go. The heat of the flame itself will also rise and carry it upward, so pause before blowing it out.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman