Can you tell me what you hear in this recording?

Hi Emme. Sorry to hear of your fur babies passing. The number 8 in many cultures is considered good luck. Thanks for sharing your experience s.
Thank you! My dog was my soulmate so it's hard but I had almost 13 years with her so I can't be mad about that. I have read that 888 can mean a phase of your life is coming to an end and you should prepare. I've also heard it as positive and abundance. And it could have been just a dream I guess lol.

Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate the honest feedback. We did hear something when it happened and on replay we hear something too so I will have to see if I can work on isolating it. The rest is a bit of a long story but since NJ is on lockdown I have lots of time to tell it lol.

I moved into this house with a friend about 5 years ago. I took the upstairs after her old roommates moved out. While I was moving in I could often smell a women's perfume and sometimes a man's cologne. I also had a lot of strange dreams where I would wake up after hearing someone whispering something into my ear. They were very vivid. One night in my dream I walked into a room and saw a woman in a wheeled chair. She slowly wheeled around to face me and when she did I felt a child's hand grab my arm from behind. I woke with a start and could feel the spot on my arm where the child had grabbed it. It was unnerving to say the least.

One night my dog and I were up in the early hours of the morning in bed and I was reading. Suddenly behind my head there was a knock on the wall. It wasn't just on the wall. It was from the other side of the wall. Like inside the wall. On the second story with no room on the other side of mine. It wasn't scratching, it wasn't a thump. It was three knocks in a row with knuckles. It also wasn't just me that heard it. My dog jumped up and stared at the wall as well. I got up and tried to film but it happened again so I ran downstairs to my roommate who sleepily suggested it was a squirrel. I know what I heard and it wasn't a squirrel.

I do sometimes sleepwalk and I am also terrified of being alone and basements lol. So when my roommate was out of town on business I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't figure out where I was at first. I was in the boiler room with no lights on. I jumped up and went through the laundry room to the rec room in the basement. When I turned the lights on I realized I had taken 3 cups from the kitchen and filled each with pens. I then had placed a cup in the very middle of the entrance to upstairs, the bathroom entrance and the bar entrance. I have no recollection of doing this.

My roommate moved and I got married. My husband moved in along with a couple that are our closest friends. I had bought a book called We Don't Die and had been reading it at night. I placed it on my nightstand right side up and got up the next morning. My mother called and said my sister was in emergency surgery. I'm atheist so when I feel like most people pray I'm kind of lost as to what to do. I looked up and said please don't let my sister die. Please let my sister come out of this surgery. I heard something in my bedroom and the book was lying on the floor, open to the title page of We Don't Die. Again, unnerving. It was about this time I saw an ad for a paranormal group that will cleanse your home at no cost. I contacted them and explained the goings on. They let me know that the first step was to have a medium do a reading of the address, I guess that's just how she works. She got some things really spot on. She knew that one my my male roommates parents were both dead and said they were coming through a lot to talk. She also accurately said my other female roommate was supposed to be named after a relative but wasn't and that relative was coming through very clearly and the roommate recognized the description immediately. Then she moved on to me and what she said was confusing.

She sensed that I am 'open' as she put it, or sensitive or an empath (I'm for sure not an empath) but not aware of that. I'm just really learning these terms. She believes that I am angry, or have a temper. She said I throw things when angry but then said 'as either real or energy' which is confusing. Her reading is all stream of consciousness so I understand that aspect but I found the 'throwing things' as odd. She sensed no other spirits here. She believes I am the cause of the things I'm experiencing. She said that I should seek therapy for a tragedy or emotional upheaval. She actually said she saw the things I would be struggling with but did not share them with the investigator because she found them personal. I'm not totally sure what she is referring to although there may be a few things. Anyway, she said that I am creating turbulence and instability. That my energy is a beacon. I had no idea what to do with that information and still don't.

After this I had a wildly vivid dream. It's a lot to explain but myself and people I love were in danger. The numbers 888 kept coming up in the dream constantly. The address of the house, the time on my watch, phone numbers. It was jarring. I woke up and wrote the whole thing down. Shortly thereafter our cat died and months after that our dog died. Who knows if the dream was a premonition of losing our beloved pets. We did a smudging in the house but honestly I've never felt anything negative here at all. Its usually quite peaceful when it's quiet here. I often feel the presence I think of my first roommates passed parents. They were always here on our window ledge in their urns and I talked to them a lot. You can actually still see the outline of their urns in our window glass. One time I was throwing away a box of garbage my roommate had left behind. After I threw it in the trash I got a huge wave of anxiety. It really washed over me and I just felt a pull to get the box back out of the garbage. I'm short so this entailed me getting a ladder, precariously climbing up into the trash to grab the box and carrying it out. When I went through it more carefully I found a lot of pictures and also many appraisals for her moms jewelry. Also I found some funny things her dad had printed out. The last thing I found was a big picture of her niece who had just (within that week) been arrested for murder. It was very surreal.

So my female roommate and I have gotten spirit detection equipment although we are figuring out how to use it still. The men in the house are not open to us doing these things to varying degrees. My husband believes in the paranormal but wants nothing to do with it. My male roommate has always acted like we are nuts. Until the other night. He and my female roommate were asleep in their bed. He awoke but couldn't move anything but his eyes. He saw a tall, dark shadowy figure in the corner of the room. He said he was trying really hard to move and watched as it floated above my female roommate. He eventually was able to sit up and it disappeared. This was a couple of weeks ago.

So we are all sheltered in place here mostly. We were walking around the other day with the emp gauge and I was recording. We asked many questions. At this question we thought we heard something. An exhale or a sigh. It didn't come from us. It came from a room we were halfway in. When we played it back we do hear the same exhale and we hear a breathy NO as answer to our question. I think that because we heard something when it happened we are listening for it so that's why I came here to check for other reactions.

Whew! Sorry that was a lot! But that brings me to the present :) Thanks for all who have read!
Emme, there are a lot of poor physics out there and some that mean well but get the interpretation of what they are receiving wrong. I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in it since it was so far off. Also dreams may be messages, however much of the time they are just our subconscious working out our stresses. It sounds like you are having fun exploring the paranormal and we appreciate you sharing your experiences.