Can Ghosts speak to Alexa?

I have had several experiences centered around electronics and electricity so I wonder if such interaction could be more direct than simply a disembodied voice in the ether.
Stevedog, if you’re up to it, do you have other words to share on this specific sentence? I’m interested in your idea/opinion but uncertain what you were trying to share here. Thanks mucho.

Stevedog, if you’re up to it, do you have other words to share on this specific sentence? I’m interested in your idea/opinion but uncertain what you were trying to share here. Thanks mucho.

My father in law passed away on December 27th 2000, exactly 6 months to the day after my wife and I got married. My wife spent that Christmas in a Texas hospital watching her father die. So it was the following year that we had our first Christmas together as husband and wife.

She wasn't really in a celebration mood and we didn't have much money so our Christmas decorations was a two foot tall, pre lit plastic tree and a single string of lights hung loosely across the curtain rod.

On Christmas day we noticed that the lights were all blinking, which was odd because they were not blinking lights and hadn't blinked prior to that. Having a background in electronics I figured there was some sort of short in the wiring, both the tree and the lights were plugged into the same outlet. I played with the lights trying to troubleshoot the problem, changing bulbs, changing outlets, ect. The lights would stop blinking for a bit then go back to having random spurts of blinking, sometimes fast and sometimes slow. The next day they were fine then back to blinking again the day after that. They didn't blink again for over a week then one day started up again. Just random times throughout the day and only for a few moments at a time.

I had a dream that night about having a small party at our house. We had several friends over along with my father in law who just stood in the corner of the room watching us. I was looking at him trying to figure out why he was there and not doing or saying anything. Then someone got up to get something from our kitchen and they walked through him as if he weren't there. At that point he smiled and gave me a slight nod. I woke up with the understanding that he was the cause of the blinking lights. They blinked on Christmas day, the anniversary of the day he died and my wife's birthday; all days he would have wanted to be there for his daughter.

This same Christmas my mother in law received a robocall addressed to her late husband. It was the kind that opened with "We have an important message for (insert name)" but this time the important message was for Bill. She has since moved to a new house one town over, but sometimes receives junk mail addressed to "Bill or current resident". They don't come very often but when the do it tends to be around the time of her birthday or their wedding anniversary.

Blinking lights, computerized voicemail and mailing labels, all things controlled by electrical energy. Paranormal investigators report a lot of equipment malfunctions with electronics, the most common being a sudden drain of their batteries. I even heard a report once of someone who had a stack of blank cassette tapes in the room to do EVP work, they didn't capture anything on their recording but did have some strange sounds on one of the blank tapes that was in the room but never used. Tape recording uses electromagnetism to record sounds. If spirits exist as another form of energy, can they manipulate the electrical signals in our modern devices? Would that be easier than trying to knock on walls or push an object? Things like radio waves, WiFi or Bluetooth signals are beyond our perception, but could they be perceived by other things also beyond our perception?

My father in law passed away on December 27th 2000, exactly 6 months to the day after my wife and I got married. My wife spent that Christmas in a Texas hospital watching her father die. So it was the following year that we had our first Christmas together as husband and wife.

She wasn't really in a celebration mood and we didn't have much money so our Christmas decorations was a two foot tall, pre lit plastic tree and a single string of lights hung loosely across the curtain rod.

On Christmas day we noticed that the lights were all blinking, which was odd because they were not blinking lights and hadn't blinked prior to that. Having a background in electronics I figured there was some sort of short in the wiring, both the tree and the lights were plugged into the same outlet. I played with the lights trying to troubleshoot the problem, changing bulbs, changing outlets, ect. The lights would stop blinking for a bit then go back to having random spurts of blinking, sometimes fast and sometimes slow. The next day they were fine then back to blinking again the day after that. They didn't blink again for over a week then one day started up again. Just random times throughout the day and only for a few moments at a time.

I had a dream that night about having a small party at our house. We had several friends over along with my father in law who just stood in the corner of the room watching us. I was looking at him trying to figure out why he was there and not doing or saying anything. Then someone got up to get something from our kitchen and they walked through him as if he weren't there. At that point he smiled and gave me a slight nod. I woke up with the understanding that he was the cause of the blinking lights. They blinked on Christmas day, the anniversary of the day he died and my wife's birthday; all days he would have wanted to be there for his daughter.

This same Christmas my mother in law received a robocall addressed to her late husband. It was the kind that opened with "We have an important message for (insert name)" but this time the important message was for Bill. She has since moved to a new house one town over, but sometimes receives junk mail addressed to "Bill or current resident". They don't come very often but when the do it tends to be around the time of her birthday or their wedding anniversary.

Blinking lights, computerized voicemail and mailing labels, all things controlled by electrical energy. Paranormal investigators report a lot of equipment malfunctions with electronics, the most common being a sudden drain of their batteries. I even heard a report once of someone who had a stack of blank cassette tapes in the room to do EVP work, they didn't capture anything on their recording but did have some strange sounds on one of the blank tapes that was in the room but never used. Tape recording uses electromagnetism to record sounds. If spirits exist as another form of energy, can they manipulate the electrical signals in our modern devices? Would that be easier than trying to knock on walls or push an object? Things like radio waves, WiFi or Bluetooth signals are beyond our perception, but could they be perceived by other things also beyond our perception?

Those are some great experiences Stevedog. Your examples certainly filled in the blanks in my question I'd posed earlier. I think the spirit's electrical energies might also be some of what mediums tune in to too.

Reactions: Debi and Stevedog