Can Anyone Help Validate This Experiance?

Theo

Reaction score
My partner got a spirit box and wanted to try it out and we got some answers. I have never used a spirit box so I just wondered if they are reliable or not? The responses we got seemed to respond to the questions we asked.

There were five different voices we heard. A voice with a heavy accent, a man's voice and a man and a woman and the voice of a younger man that always answered close together.

I went first and when asking for names the male and female voices' answered together (the male voice talked over the female) and answered Martha and John. I got a few responses from the heavy accent voice but I couldn't make out what they were saying. My partner then took over and said he wouldn't ask any questions to see if the responses were just random and it was just luck they matched with the questions. We got the sound of water dripping coming through but he still didn't say anything then a voice came over the spirit box that said: "Question me" (we had not got this voice before, it the younger male voice). The female voice came through again (we couldn't make out what was being said) and then a male voice said "shhh" and then we had silence for about ten minutes. We decided nothing else was going to happen so we started to end it. As we were ending, the same voice that said question me said "Hintoto" which was very clear followed by chuckling (not like crazy, just a small one you'd give after saying something funny). We ended it at that point as haven't done another session since.

My partner is convinced it works but I don't know, it seemed too good to be true. I have seen spirit box sessions where they sit there for hours and get no responses we did this for about three hours and got at least fifteen from different voices. I tried searching for information on spirit boxes and if they are reliable or not so wondered if someone on here could help.

Also, does anyone have any idea what Hintoto means? I have tried searching it up and can't find any information on it being a name, a place or anything other than some obscure twitter handles. Whatever it was, if it was a spirit, it found it humorous with the chuckle afterward.

As for the spirit box itself, it is a cheap one he got offline. The voices shared the accents of the area we live so I doubt it is pre-programmed. Still unsure.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Hi Theo and welcome to the forum.

My personal experience of them is that they are most likely not a reliable tool. Not a fan of them, but that is a personal take on it and only my opinion. I've only worked with one briefly, and I found it to be fairly random in replies that we could twist meaning from whatever was said through it. Others may be able to offer you different perspectives of them.

Hi Theo. I have not used one so I have no personal experience with them. I have seen them used on the tv shows so I’m familiar with the device. My personal feeling is that they could work as good as any device you’ve set an intention for communicating with. Some use a Oujia or spirit board , some Cards, table tipping etc. That being said you really have no idea who is talking to you. You could be putting yourself at risk by giving this unseen entity permission to come into your life. Perhaps others will will give you more information.

I'm on the same page as Lynne with any of these devices,it's all about intention and you could probably make one yourself with similar outcomes.I wouldn't go there unless you have vast knowledge of the paranormal.

I would be wary of the results you get. In 3 hours mostly of gibberish you may become convinced that for 5 minutes you are getting intelligent answers. This may look very convincing on TV when it is edited down to those 5 minutes.

It may actually work, but based on the electronics involved it is just plucking random words from available radio stations broadcasting at the time, usually with some noise blanking, and often a pitch shift downwards and slight echo for effect. Can a spirit influence what word is spoken at what time in a studio 80 miles away? I'm not sure.

Reactions: Lynne
I would be wary of the results you get. In 3 hours mostly of gibberish you may become convinced that for 5 minutes you are getting intelligent answers. This may look very convincing on TV when it is edited down to those 5 minutes.

It may actually work, but based on the electronics involved it is just plucking random words from available radio stations broadcasting at the time, usually with some noise blanking, and often a pitch shift downwards and slight echo for effect. Can a spirit influence what word is spoken at what time in a studio 80 miles away? I'm not sure.
Well said Rowan. I tend to agree with your take.