Can a book be supernaturally dangerous?

There are somethings that I believe are better left unread. What we've seen in film and television may not entirely be a work of fiction.

Reactions: Paintman
Its hard to say, different views on the paranormal and spirituality will result in many answers.

I do believe that we need to vary careful with diaries, there often full of energy (both positive and negative) from whomever owned it. the effect it could have on our environment, on us and those around us is unpredictable.

If indeed there is a physic connection to reading a book about these entities, or even talking about them, (as anyone who has listened to paranormal shows can attest. We’ve heard the static , voices and connection issues), then there must be a way of them knowing ?
Do these beings have a God like ability to key into our thoughts ? Do certain thoughts put out a trigger warning like certain words get flagged in the internet? If this is really happening and there seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence that it is, answering the question of how they are linking to us could be key to the nature of reality.

Do these beings have a God like ability to key into our thoughts ? Do certain thoughts put out a trigger warning like certain words get flagged in the internet? If this is really happening and there seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence that it is, answering the question of how they are linking to us could be key to the nature of reality.
I would say yes but its rare because of the side effect of doing it. the things that live in the paranormal realm rely on the energy of the living, and I think keying into our thoughts would take a large amount of energy they have collected, something I would imagine would be a big risk for them.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I would say yes but its rare because of the side effect of doing it. the things that live in the paranormal realm rely on the energy of the living, and I think keying into our thoughts would take a large amount of energy they have collected, something I would imagine would be a big risk for them.
I was only speculating on the link. I don’t think we have any hard proof of what’s really going on. Your idea is a possibility tho.

For me, a book has the ability to put me INTO the situation rather than just being an observer. I have always loved to read and actually read more than anyone that I know. I have one room of my home that is wall to wall, floor to ceiling books in aisles. My wife reads almost as much as I do so she understands my book obsession.

In hard times the books have offered me an escape from the things that were bothering me. I read EVERY day and night. I never watch TV without either a computer in my lap or a book or magazine. I have educated myself and taught myself several trades. The big thing about learning anything new is to learn the specialized vocabulary of that profession. In the hard years when jobs were scarce and hard to find I would study up on the trades that were in need and generally could get hired often over people with more experience than me.

Reactions: Lynne
For me, a book has the ability to put me INTO the situation rather than just being an observer. I have always loved to read and actually read more than anyone that I know. I have one room of my home that is wall to wall, floor to ceiling books in aisles. My wife reads almost as much as I do so she understands my book obsession.

In hard times the books have offered me an escape from the things that were bothering me. I read EVERY day and night. I never watch TV without either a computer in my lap or a book or magazine. I have educated myself and taught myself several trades. The big thing about learning anything new is to learn the specialized vocabulary of that profession. In the hard years when jobs were scarce and hard to find I would study up on the trades that were in need and generally could get hired often over people with more experience than me.
I share your love of reading. I have a so many I have started parting with the ones that aren’t special after reading. I do keep those that are my fav authors and ones I will reference.