Can a book be supernaturally dangerous?

I don't think that a book itself can be dangerous BUT it can put dangerous thoughts in your head. For me, a book gets into me more than a movie, or show of any kind. When I read I'm THERE. Books allow you to have a view that is inside the story and you are not just a spectator. You KNOW what they think and feel to an extent that just isn't possible with just a visual and auditory presentation.

I understand that everyone may not be like me. I am a voracious reader My books take up one room of my house and are set up like a library. I'm talking 30,000 books!!! I have books that I have read a dozen times over the many years. They are like visiting an old friend.

i think that writers, artists, poets, etc... put a piece of their energy into their works, some shows more than others, some have an effect on the audience that is unmistakable and can be felt on a spiritual or emotional level. this is in everything we say, touch, do, act.. and even think. can it be felt more strongly in some individuals than others?, i dont know. but i do believe that we leave a piece of ourselves in everything we pass along. the interconnectiveness of the universe perhaps.... i dunno, this can open a discussion that has many many layers. but i do simply think that our writings, even across forums like this, along with our relationships with others (even digitally/electronically) can have an effect on our spiritual selves. as to whether a book can invite something in or have a negative outcome would make me question the writers intent and which side he walks.

i think that writers, artists, poets, etc... put a piece of their energy into their works, some shows more than others, some have an effect on the audience that is unmistakable and can be felt on a spiritual or emotional level. this is in everything we say, touch, do, act.. and even think. can it be felt more strongly in some individuals than others?, i dont know. but i do believe that we leave a piece of ourselves in everything we pass along. the interconnectiveness of the universe perhaps.... i dunno, this can open a discussion that has many many layers. but i do simply think that our writings, even across forums like this, along with our relationships with others (even digitally/electronically) can have an effect on our spiritual selves. as to whether a book can invite something in or have a negative outcome would make me question the writers intent and which side he walks.
This is exactly why I am so very careful with what is here on site.

You put this well Paul as always you have an amazing spiritual eye. It’s that spooky action at a distance our science has proven. Once a conscious connection is made it effects the reality. In the paranormal circles there is a common Phrase that when you look at the paranormal it looks back at you. I think that says a lot.

As with many other haunted inanimate objects, such as dolls, I believe that there is the potential for a book to be supernaturally dangerous.

That being said, in all my time as a paranormal investigator, I have yet to investigate a case of a possessed book or a haunting where a book is focal to the activity.

As with many other haunted inanimate objects, such as dolls, I believe that there is the potential for a book to be supernaturally dangerous.

That being said, in all my time as a paranormal investigator, I have yet to investigate a case of a possessed book or a haunting where a book is focal to the activity.
I think there is another level to a haunted book. There is the one you suggest where an actual spirit is attached and there is the one that the words them selves are embedded with. Perhaps we can look at them as a sigil or perhaps having power when intention or belief in them is applied. Going another layer deeper there is the additional possibility of a placebo effect too. A book is an interesting object in terms of power. The power of the writer and spoken word is no joke on many levels. This was a deep question indeed.