Campfire ghost?

That is certainly scary. I have no idea what it could be, anyone else?
Seems the "ghost" image appears about the same time the camera lens picks up the light generated by the fire. To me that indicates a reflection on or flare within the lens.

Last edited:
I remember my buddy one early morning of us camping and being up till probably an hour before this lol, talking and gesturing walked right through the fire pit in his bare feet. It did not take long before he realized what he did and he really burned the heck out of his feet. Sorry, damn i miss him. We had planned a nice hike across the river and such that day and he refused to not go...burned feet and all. Strength of human spirit there. That's the kind of guy he was. Joked about his feet puffing smoke crossing the river lol. Sorry to derail the thread. Walking through campfire just so reminded me of him.

Seems the "ghost" image appears about the same time the camera lens picks up the light generated by the fire. To me that indicates a reflection on or flare within the lens.
I see what you mean. You watch in that perspective, yes as camera pans it could very well be a reflection/distortion from the fire glow and smoke.