Call or Text?

Discussion in 'Owl's Nest' started by Debi, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Truth seeker
    Tier-1 Mod

I text when I’m communicating with the younger people. They are too busy and often won’t answer a call. I will get a response at least if I send a text. I don’t mind either form of communication. I am flexible to the situation. I much prefer hearing the voice of the person I’m chatting with. I find I use texting more for relaying information or a quick check in to make sure someone arrived safely.

Paintman, Darcy and Mokey like this.
  2. L.S.

L.S.
    Expand Collapse

I prefer calling

Darcy, Lynne and Mokey like this.
  3. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Paul, I loved your description. And I’d like Critter to know this one other piece that I’ve evolved to help me identify the likely source of feelings being either me or someone else.

I ask myself, “Is the feeling I’m feeling at all related to what I am experiencing in real life at this moment or anything I’ve buried and don’t want to deal with?” If the answer is “No” to both questions, then I have to assume the feelings are being perceived psychically - they are empathic.

Paintman, Darcy, Lynne and 4 others like this.
  4. 3kim

3kim
    Expand Collapse

I usually text acquaintances or co-workers and call friends or family

Paintman and Mokey like this.
  5. Mokey

Mokey
    Expand Collapse
    Magically Delicious

I like that mucho

WitchAndShaman and Debi like this.
  6. Paulm

Paulm
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Thanks WandS, you are right, stopping and asking yourself those questions is essential.....always stay aware of your self. Doing so will become second nature after a while....there is so much that can be elaborated on, my comment on the ppl blocking, for instance....while ppl can and do block or try to shield against projecting their emotions, they still will stand out, sometimes even stronger....sometimes NOT feeling something from someone is more telling than feeling their current energy....but that is another angle all together, ( think outside the box here ).... These are good ideas/theories that could be a thread of their own in the training/learning thread......if you or anyone else has any more methods or techniques, do share them.....interesting stuff.

Paintman, Lynne and WitchAndShaman like this.
  7. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Super great question Critter - something I’ve not considered before. I’d say that to date I’ve not felt anything empathic while reading a text.

But I think I am to blame though if I’m missing the psychic context of those texts. This is because I know for certain that I put a lot of my conscious energy into reading texts so I could be glossing over the psychical side. I invest so much effort in reading texts because it is my own opinion that too many Americans are poor writers. Given the chance to practice writing incomplete sentences even more often by relying on purposely abbreviated text messaging only seems to further de-evolve their writing skills. Hence, I find myself struggling too much with interpreting those often incomplete sentences or wrongly autocorrected spelling mistakes.

Paulm likes this.
  8. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Truth seeker
    Tier-1 Mod

I know I’ve allowed myself to use short cut writing, also disregarding capitalization. You have inspired me to stop that. Writing should be done proper.

Paulm, WitchAndShaman and Debi like this.
  9. Paulm

Paulm
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

WandS, heres an exercise for you.... next time you get a text from your wife/girlfriend...(not sure if youre married, but that would possibly be the person your closest with) look down at it, see the name and then don't read the text, .instead focus on connecting with the energy sent with the text....its not about the words, they are just the tool carrying the energy.....and see if you can feel what she feels....first few times may be hit and miss, but with practice I bet you will start to feel what is being sent.

10. WitchAndShaman

WitchAndShaman
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

Thanks for the suggestion Paul. The hardest part will be to remember to refrain for reading the text. As soon as I hear a message tone, I flip my phone over and read it...I’ll have to break the reflexive habit.