Cache of Sealed Egyptian Coffins Found

I wonder if the curses the Ancient Egyptians wrote within tombs are still active, or if they ever were for that matter..

Reactions: ScorpioMoon29
Honestly I have some issue with them disturbing the dead. It seems so disrespectful. Does the passing of time give them the right to dig up bodies !

Honestly I have some issue with them disturbing the dead. It seems so disrespectful. Does the passing of time give them the right to dig up bodies !
I'm kind of with you, Lynne. It would seem to me we have already found out what we need to know about how they interred folks. Xrays would reveal anything else they "need" to know. Science maybe doesn't need to go digging around much further. AND I agree totally with Paint! THIS is NOT the year to open those!

I saw the King Tut exhibit when I was a kid. It was really cool and educational but I have mixed emotions. It was kind of macabre.
Same reason I don't like golf courses on Indian burial mounds or battlefields.

I'm kind of with you, Lynne. It would seem to me we have already found out what we need to know about how they interred folks. Xrays would reveal anything else they "need" to know. Science maybe doesn't need to go digging around much further. AND I agree totally with Paint! THIS is NOT the year to open those!
I believe it’s justified grave robbing. They are looking for the antiquities and treasures burried with them.

Reactions: Debi
I believe it’s justified grave robbing. They are looking for the antiquities and treasures burried with them.

Reminds me of seeing the "Bodies" exhibit back in the early 2000s. Fascinating exhibit, but it came out some of the "bodies" were political prisoners executed in the PRC.

Reactions: Debi
Reminds me of seeing the "Bodies" exhibit back in the early 2000s. Fascinating exhibit, but it came out some of the "bodies" were political prisoners executed in the PRC.
I remember that. I felt it was disgusting.

Reactions: Duke