cable...is it a slowly dying medium?

SyStEm0v3r1dE

why does the fly walk into the spiders web?
Reaction score
ok so there seems to be a trend in the way our media is delivered today a lot of it is now sent to us digitally through computers and now dedicated streaming devices such as the Roku or amazon fire tv among others major networks like espn fox nbc and others have their own streaming channels for everything from sports to news and youre favorite shows since this is becoming more and more common do you guys see it killing cable tv or at the least hurting it over time?

Reactions: Paintman
I don't see streaming devices killing cable or the large cable companies. I am hoping, hoping that it forces the cable companies to market their services differently. A la carte channels would be wonderful. Let me pick [10, 20, 30] channels for a fixed price.

Reactions: Paintman
that could be a possibility

Hi guys, I've been debating buying a Roku device. Presently, I have an antenna. I'm fine with it, because I live in a gap area where I can pick up a bunch of stations - 12 PBS stations for my WW2 fix and old TV shows/ movies. And most importantly baseball games. Is there a way to get a MLB package only? I'm a caveman with this stuff and any help would be appreciated. I figure you have this all sorted out.:)

Reactions: DoTell
well sling.tv has them its like 20 a month or mlb has an app and you can stream them from that for a fee youll have to look it up

Hi guys, I've been debating buying a Roku device. Presently, I have an antenna. I'm fine with it, because I live in a gap area where I can pick up a bunch of stations - 12 PBS stations for my WW2 fix and old TV shows/ movies. And most importantly baseball games. Is there a way to get a MLB package only? I'm a caveman with this stuff and any help would be appreciated. I figure you have this all sorted out.:)
Paintman, how important is watching the game as opposed to listening to it on maybe radio?

Reactions: Debi
hey I used to do that when I had xm I used to listen to baseball games

Reactions: DoTell