Business Hauntings??

The other one thing to mindful of when viewing Ring doorbell or other security footage is that if they are in night vision mode then they are using an IR spotlight which can cause certain things to look distorted from the UV light our eyes recognize. A perfect example is how a normal looking dark haired person has white hair and glowing eyes when seen with night vision.

In the Ring cameras specifically they have the IR spotlight positioned to pickup objects right in front of the camera. Things that are farther away or off to the sides are not getting that direct IR lighting so they may not appear as fully formed versions of themselves but rather just be the most IR reflective parts. I've seen footage of a person walking down an empty street in the dark and as they get to the closer to the edge of frame they sort of fade into an outline then disappear. It looks like full body apparition disbursing into nothing, but in reality it's the person leaving the cone of IR light and it's too dark to see where they went.

And yet another item to consider. Night Vision wavelengths (infra-red) are longer than visual wavelengths, so the resolution will be poorer. The longer the wavelength, the less resolution the camera will have. That's a property of light, not a fault with the camera. The camera may say 4K, but that's just what it's capable of in visible wavelengths. In IR light, it won't appear hi-def because compared to visual wavelengths, it's not.

Just talking about IR cameras here, not image-intensified units.

I agree with your assessments of the IR/night vision aspects of the Ring doorbell cams. They definitely distort the entire visual field - at least for me they do. I have had to view things, specifically, on my front door cam at different times, and that little red infra-red light can definitely make you think you're looking at something that you are not.

Also, since I have the Ring doorbell 2 on my front door and the original Ring on by back door. I can tell you that the image quality between these two is like night and day. I have very good image quality from the front door cam (the newer version) while the quality of what was getting from the back-door cam was extremely grainy (at best) . So, I agree that the spheres of light we saw in that footage were most certainly something like insects, dust, or, yes, even lint.

Reactions: Paulm
Bee, Hi, I really like how you go into detail with your experiences. You may want to print out a hard copy the experiences you wrote. I've had a few experiences that I told years ago and we lost it all when the computer server went kablooy.
Nothing beats a hard copy on paper !

My mom and her friend are both psychic and Foodies. So they took a girls trip to Savannah and Charlotte and New Orleans. It was all about restaurants and ghost tours. Gastro - Ghost Tour '16 .

Near one of those cities as they were approaching a plantation as part of the group on the ghost tour - my mom's friend got a bad feeling and said we are going to wait outside on the bus.
The reason being is that sometimes an entity can attach to you and come home with you. Not good.

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
Yes - understood. I used to work for a major department store here in Savannah - in fact, I worked there for 25 years after I left the place that I worked in downtown Savannah. One of our general managers liked to take the Ghost Tours and took his family and friends with him a couple of times. I told him to beware of some of that because of that "attachment" thing.

In fact, one little detail that I left out of my original post about the place that worked for in downtown Savannah is that, after I got tapped on the shoulder by something in that place, while I didn't know anything about the paranormal at that time, I felt it was a good idea to wear a cross. I had a huge sterling silver cross (about 3 inches tall) and another smaller cross with a dove on it, and I never went to work in that place without one of the two crosses around my neck. At least I felt more "peaceful" in there. That was one scary place....

Welcome Bee. I agree with your theory of the land being haunted. There’s been a lot of emotional scaring in Georgia. I must say you have had a lot of experiences. Most people never see one apparition and you’ve seen a few. Perhaps you have some abilities ? Also I am so sorry about your dads passing.

Reactions: Paintman and Paulm
Thanks for your condolences, Lynne. And, yes, a friend of mine thinks that I am "sensitive" to the paranormal. I have definitely seen a few things, and, in at least one of those, I wish I hadn't.

One thing I have come to realize is that I need to trust my feelings...in many ways. If I get a "bad vibe" about a person, I avoid that person if at all possible. If I get a "bad vibe" about a place, I should probably stay away from that as well. It seems like the two specific places where I felt uncomfortable had or may have had paranormal activity going on.

My friend who lived in the house where my father passed always felt strange in the upstairs portion of the house. Ditto for me. It was a nice, gorgeous house, but she didn't really care to sleep in their bedroom because she always felt uncomfortable and had strange dreams, which she never had an issue with before. She also thought she saw a couple of things - at least one of those was an apparition of some sort near the foot of the bed.

And, speaking of strange dreams...Maybe something can help me with one thing that I've been super-concerned about since I was a kid. When I was about 7-8 years old, I had a dream in which my mother, who was still living at the time, appeared to me and stood beside the bed. She was dressed in something like a white, gossamer dress or gown, and she just stood there with a sweet look on her face looking down at me. She looked more like she did when she was a teenager than she did at 39. But, we were leaving for vacation the following day, and the first thing we did when we got to the hotel we were going to stay at, was my brother and I got into the swimming pool. I ended up stepping off of one of the steps in the pool and slipping into the deep end of the pool, and I was unable to swim up to the surface. My brother saw what was going on and he was able to pull me up and get me to the steps of the pool where I could stand. The problem with this dream is that every time something bad happens to me or someone close to me dies, I have had that same dream within a few nights prior to the event. This seems strange to me, and, since I noticed a connection quite a few years ago, I'm always on edge for a few days after I have this dream. Does anyone have any ideas regarding this? It truly does drive me a little bit crazy. And, just for info, my mother did pass away about 23 years ago, and I have had the same exact dream since that time. Just curious.

Thanks for your condolences, Lynne. And, yes, a friend of mine thinks that I am "sensitive" to the paranormal. I have definitely seen a few things, and, in at least one of those, I wish I hadn't.

One thing I have come to realize is that I need to trust my feelings...in many ways. If I get a "bad vibe" about a person, I avoid that person if at all possible. If I get a "bad vibe" about a place, I should probably stay away from that as well. It seems like the two specific places where I felt uncomfortable had or may have had paranormal activity going on.

My friend who lived in the house where my father passed always felt strange in the upstairs portion of the house. Ditto for me. It was a nice, gorgeous house, but she didn't really care to sleep in their bedroom because she always felt uncomfortable and had strange dreams, which she never had an issue with before. She also thought she saw a couple of things - at least one of those was an apparition of some sort near the foot of the bed.

And, speaking of strange dreams...Maybe something can help me with one thing that I've been super-concerned about since I was a kid. When I was about 7-8 years old, I had a dream in which my mother, who was still living at the time, appeared to me and stood beside the bed. She was dressed in something like a white, gossamer dress or gown, and she just stood there with a sweet look on her face looking down at me. She looked more like she did when she was a teenager than she did at 39. But, we were leaving for vacation the following day, and the first thing we did when we got to the hotel we were going to stay at, was my brother and I got into the swimming pool. I ended up stepping off of one of the steps in the pool and slipping into the deep end of the pool, and I was unable to swim up to the surface. My brother saw what was going on and he was able to pull me up and get me to the steps of the pool where I could stand. The problem with this dream is that every time something bad happens to me or someone close to me dies, I have had that same dream within a few nights prior to the event. This seems strange to me, and, since I noticed a connection quite a few years ago, I'm always on edge for a few days after I have this dream. Does anyone have any ideas regarding this? It truly does drive me a little bit crazy. And, just for info, my mother did pass away about 23 years ago, and I have had the same exact dream since that time. Just curious.
Thanks for sharing your dream. It could be your guardian Angel. Maybe your mind sees her as your mother or maybe she looks like her. Do you look like your mom? Your higher self may be warning , or guiding you. Just throwing out a few ideas.

Well, strangely enough, Lynne, even though I was adopted, my adoptive mother and I look very alike. I never knew my birth mother, but I know a small amount of history about her. I my musical talent from my mother, but, apparently, so I have been told, I inherited many of my birth father's features - including flaming red hair and lots of freckles.

Reactions: Lynne
Well, strangely enough, Lynne, even though I was adopted, my adoptive mother and I look very alike. I never knew my birth mother, but I know a small amount of history about her. I my musical talent from my mother, but, apparently, so I have been told, I inherited many of my birth father's features - including flaming red hair and lots of freckles.
Perhaps it is your birth mom. My daughter saw an angelic apperation as a kid and swore it was me in a white gown. I have no idea who it was but assumed it was her guardian Angel.