Business Hauntings??

Speaking of guardian angels. At one point many years back, I had a close relative who was VERY sick. He actually expired in the ER, but he was brought back. He spent quite a bit of time in the hospital, and, at one point while he was still in the hospital, he had a couple of what he said were "dreams." One of the dreams had a whole bunch of "bird people." He called them "bird people" because they had very large wings. In his description of the dream, he said that they were tired and dirty/dingy and scruffy looking. He described them as if they were human-sized white birds - kind of like the artist's interpretations of angels , but the birds looked as if they had been rolling around in dirt or had been fighting with each other. He also said that they appeared tired. Now, he was very, very sick for probably around 3 months. Based on what he said about the "bird people," my interpretation was that they were guardian angels of some sort. And, they were quite possibly tired of fighting for his life. What are your thoughts?

Also, in another dream of his, he dreamed that he went to Heaven - basically, saw the white light and went to it. Once he was in Heaven, he saw a good friend of his, and they were just doing their normal "hanging out" thing. He also saw his grandfather, who smoked a particular brand of cigarettes with a particular smell that all of our family members would instantly recognize. He said that his grandfather had a dog with him, but, being that we are close family members, I don't ever recall them having a dog, but may have had one 50-60 years ago. His grandfather died at 91 years old. He said that the dream seemed so real, and he found it to be comforting. Honestly, I have no interpretation of that dream - except that it was possibly a message of comfort from God/family. I really have no other ideas. But, Lynne, I would love to hear what you think of these two dreams.

As for myself, I used to have this really bad dream. This was before I got married, and I would have this dream a LOT. It kind of died down after I got married, but I would still occasionally have it. It didn't appear to be a stress-related dream that I could determine. I would have this same dream like 5-6 times a week at one point, but, after I got married, I'd have it like once or twice a month at the most. After we got divorced, the dream went away all-together.

In my lifetime, I've had a lot of strange dreams, and , when they're stress-related, I seem to dream about work related things. Now, when I've overly-tired or stressed from work, since I work with insurance at lot at my job, I dream of insurance-related issues that are indescript. I just wake up knowing that I'm feeling stressed over something with insurance. Sometimes, I'm even sweating when I have these types of dreams. Many years ago, I worked for a dry cleaner, and we would have weekly and monthly specials. One time we had 75 cent dress shirts, laundered, starched and pressed. We had sooo many shirts in the building, it was mind-boggling. I was so stressed trying to figure how we'd get all these shirts completed by the time they were promised, I kept on having this dream about the shirts coming to life and wreaking havoc in the place. In hindsight, it's funny, but it was a recurring nightmare that time of my life. Once all the shirts from that "special" were completed, and think there were thousands of them, the dream stopped.

It's funny how the psyche works, isn't it?

So, Lynne, I haven't been able to figure out the quote thing, but I read a scientific article just this morning that may explain one of the dreams that I mentioned in my last post. Specifically, the dream involving the "hanging out" with his friend and the grandfather. The "bird people" I can't explain except as I already mentioned. Apparently, the dream involving the friend and the grandfather, it appears to be a classic "near death" experience.

Reactions: Lynne
So, Lynne, I haven't been able to figure out the quote thing,
to quote or comment on or to a specific post or person, just click the "reply" tab at the bottom right of their post and it will quote it in your response box. I hope i described that right for you....lol

Reactions: Lynne and Debi