Burial site of Cleo and Marc found?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Burial site of Cleopatra and Mark Antony will be 'uncovered soon' | Daily Mail Online

Burial site of Cleopatra and Mark Antony will be 'uncovered soon': Final resting site of the famed Pharaoh will be revealed near the Egyptian city of Alexandria, archaeologist claims
  • Archaeologists believe that they have found the tomb of the ancient couple
  • They say the crypt is in Taposiris Magna, around eighteen miles from Alexandria
  • Historians believe that the couple, who ruled in 30BC, are buried together
  • Dr Zahi Hawass says they are close to finding the accurate location of the tomb

Burial site of Cleopatra and Mark Antony will be 'uncovered soon' | Daily Mail Online

Burial site of Cleopatra and Mark Antony will be 'uncovered soon': Final resting site of the famed Pharaoh will be revealed near the Egyptian city of Alexandria, archaeologist claims
  • Archaeologists believe that they have found the tomb of the ancient couple
  • They say the crypt is in Taposiris Magna, around eighteen miles from Alexandria
  • Historians believe that the couple, who ruled in 30BC, are buried together
  • Dr Zahi Hawass says they are close to finding the accurate location of the tomb

Now that would be a great historical find!

Reactions: Mokey and Debi
I just find it odd they are announcing this without actually finding it yet?

Odd indeed! Also there is this:

"Dr Zahi Hawass says they are close to finding the accurate location of the tomb"

That's a bold statement to make without any shock and awe statements to back it up.

to coincide with the preproduction of the new Cleopatra movie currently swaning around Hollywood

Oh! Do you have many details yet? I will actually sit through with Elizabeth Taylor and finish that movie when I know it's on. I can't imagine the movie with today's tech and outrageous movie budgets. Glamour :hearteyecat: