Bullock Hotel, Deadwood, South Dakota

Ronin

Recall my name, on your journey to hell.
Reaction score
Taken June 23, 2017 at 7:19:04pm Mountain Date time. Been sitting on my phone since then and looked at for the very first time last night.

Taken by my son (behind the flash). Other than being thankful you can't see my ugly mug, can you spot anything unusual in this picture?

Edit: Picture wouldn't post inline. Sent to Debi for help.

Reactions: Paintman
DSC_0448 (Small).JPG

Reactions: Donna K.
Taken June 23, 2017 at 7:19:04pm Mountain Date time. Been sitting on my phone since then and looked at for the very first time last night.

Taken by my son (behind the flash). Other than being thankful you can't see my ugly mug, can you spot anything unusual in this picture?

I want clues...lol

Reactions: Donna K.

Do you mean the face ?
Have ghost been spotted in mirrors yes definitely no doubt about it. BUT also some mirrors can also have defects that make it look like there is something there. The mirror may look fine but not. Just like alot of old mirrors I have heard the glue that holds it can make images in the mirror cause the glass is so old. Now is that what is happening here who knows.

Last edited:
Do you mean the face ?
Have ghost been spotted in mirrors yes definitely no doubt about it. BUT also some mirrors can also have defects that make it look like there is something there. The mirror may look fine but not. Just like alot of old mirrors I have heard the glue that holds it can make images in the mirror cause the glass is so old. Now is that what is happening here who knows.
The Bullock is a very well-kept hotel. The faded streaks are possibly cleaning marks you just can't see head on. That is not the case for the dense smear(?) to the right of the camera flash. The mirror, as we stood there, was as clear as the reflection above my head.

Nobody in my family felt anything at all while we were there, which was really only about 20 minutes. There was a tour roaming the halls that we were trying to stay clear of, and going to Deadwood at all was largely just to humor me. At the time we were based out of Rapid City for a week (camper at the KOA by Mount Rushmore) . My daughter wanted to go into the hotel based on what she'd read online about it being haunted.

I don't draw conclusions here, myself, but I thought it was interesting enough to post. To me, there appear to be 2 eyes in the picture. One at the very top left and one to the right and slightly down that would appear to be closer to the mirror based on it being larger. I don't think all the fog are cleaning marks, as they don't have any general direction or patterns. I do think the mirror has imperfections in the glass, represented by many of the "orbs" (very clear that they're reflections of the flash in the original when you zoom). The mirror hasn't been touched since it was last cleaned, as you can't see any fingerprints or finger smudges. In the full-size version (included as an attachment here so you can have a look), you can clearly see one of the sprinkler heads reflected at the top of the mirror. This was not a dirty, smudged mirror.

Attachments

• DSC_0448.JPG
    DSC_0448.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: ParanormalMom
From an iPhone?
Not sure, I just held my iPhone up to a mirror and was able to position it so that one of my eyes was definitely being reflected. However, it was clear and unmistakable, much like your own back to the mirror. So I'm thinking now that it may be a reflection of a reflection, such as off a window or other reflective surface. But on the other hand, I'm guessing that the Bullock Hotel haunted reputation may signify something else.

...one to the right and slightly down...
I finally see the second eye. I had to download the picture and increase the size. It is just to the right of what keeps reminding me of an elephant trunk.

There are also some human-like shapes at the upper left corner. They look like two figures in black cowls.