Brunswick Stew

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
Both Virginia and Georgia and perhaps North Carolina lay claim to creating this wonderful soup. If you have not tried it, it is yummy

brunswick-stew-dutch-oven.jpg

Brunswick Stew - Georgia Style

This recipe uses four meats, but traditionally it used the catch of the day. I have had it with chicken or pork or beef

Georgia Style

I say kudos to the Georgians or Virginians or anyone
who continues the Brunswick Stew tradition.
With cooler weather coming, I say LETS make / get some

Last edited:
I discovered Brunswick Stew (and pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw heaped on the pork) soon after I arrived in the Tidewater area to work at NASA. I apparently offended the locals when I asked for hot sauce to add to it.

I discovered Brunswick Stew (and pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw heaped on the pork) soon after I arrived in the Tidewater area to work at NASA. I apparently offended the locals when I asked for hot sauce to add to it.
I know people that bring small bottles of hot sauce everywhere they go. I remember years ago i had gotten pulled over coming off the Garden State Parkway. My company van was brand new and not lettered as of yet, so local guys pulled us over and when he found my apprentice (A friend of mine) had a warrant he searched him. When he pulled out the bottle of hot sauce, the cop looked at it curiously...then he pulled out the handful of wirenuts lol. "What the hell are these...needle caps?" Rofl.

I know people that bring small bottles of hot sauce everywhere they go. I remember years ago i had gotten pulled over coming off the Garden State Parkway. My company van was brand new and not lettered as of yet, so local guys pulled us over and when he found my apprentice (A friend of mine) had a warrant he searched him. When he pulled out the bottle of hot sauce, the cop looked at it curiously...then he pulled out the handful of wirenuts lol. "What the hell are these...needle caps?" Rofl.
Yeah, lots of ne'er do well types who mainline Frank's RedHot.

That is one nobody i know put that on everything lol. I forget the choices, but some go far beyond hot. They can have that lol. I like to taste my food to some degree :)
Exactly. Frank's isn't as hot as a lot of its competitors, but it punches up flavor without burning it out.

Exactly. Frank's isn't as hot as a lot of its competitors, but it punches up flavor without burning it out.
A friend of mine and his room mate make their own hot sauces. Just the right hint of hot and flavor. Gonna have to get some more from them as will be seeing them in a few weeks.

A friend of mine and his room mate make their own hot sauces. Just the right hint of hot and flavor. Gonna have to get some more from them as will be seeing them in a few weeks.
My wife's sister makes what she calls hot sauce, but it's closer to runny salsa. It's fairly mild, but she will pep it up with some habanero if requested. Mrs Duke uses it in both chili and spaghetti sauce.

Both Virginia and Georgia and perhaps North Carolina lay claim to creating this wonderful soup. If you have not tried it, it is yummy

View attachment 43194
Brunswick Stew - Georgia Style

This recipe uses four meats, but traditionally it used the catch of the day. I have had it with chicken or pork or beef

Georgia Style

I say kudos to the Georgians or Virginians or anyone who continues the tradition.
With cooler weather coming, I say LETS make / get some
mmm, that looks good, add a good bbq sandwich in and nothing is better.