Brrr...Frozen Village

Reminds me of the movie The Thing. I remember taking my new girlfriend to the drive in movies to see it. She kept hugging me tightly and me her, it wasn't out of affection though, we were scared, lol.

Reminds me of the movie The Thing. I remember taking my new girlfriend to the drive in movies to see it. She kept hugging me tightly and me her, it wasn't out of affection though, we were scared, lol.
I haven't seen that film in years but for the time, the special effects were amazing. And keeps you up at night.

I haven't seen that film in years but for the time, the special effects were amazing. And keeps you up at night.
It's still good today, back in the 80's it was incredibly realistic. That and American Werewolf in London.

Reactions: Lone Wolf
I’ve never seen An American Werewolf in London, only a few clips through YouTube.
It's probably a bit corny by today's standards but back then it was the first movie I'd seen mixing pure horror with a touch of comedy. Still one of my favourites and worth a watch.

Reactions: Lone Wolf
Agreed. The circumstances surrounding why everything was left behind could be considered a real life X-File. Geek moment there :p
I thought the same. There are so many poor people in Russia and resources are a premium. It doesn’t make sense to waste the vehicles and other stuff. There has to be more to this story.

This was in 2015

Thank you, Digger, for posting this video which gives us a bit more information! I gather that some of those who were still living there at the time, felt some sort of loyalty or obligation to continue residing in this place.

Reactions: Lynne