Broken Mary March in Chicago

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
Thousands march behind 'Broken Mary' statue as longtime radio host brings message of unity, healing to Chicago
This procession in Chicago was a big deal Friday night. Kevin Matthews is one of my all-time favorite local radio hosts. His show was like reading the daily paper with the funniest guy you've ever met.:)
I used to be a Kev-Head and if you want to learn more about him -
Radio personality Kevin Matthews: Rosary a ‘weapon’ for hopelessness
Paint, I loved this story so much. Thank you for sharing this! In fact I loved it so much, it has become it's own thread in the Spiritual section.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
This is an example of one man doing a small thing that touched a lot of people. It doesn't have to be meant for a large audience such as this, but it's my belief that everything we do in our small corner of the world brings Light and Love to another.

Is there any small (or large) thing you do to try and reach out to others to uplift them? A smile? A helping hand?

What can each of us do to add to the Light?

Ever done something like this before? I've done it and at one point in my life, it was done for me and mine.

Ever done something like this before? I've done it and at one point in my life, it was done for me and mine.

This wouldn’t play. I’m guessing someone hit her bill?

Thousands march behind 'Broken Mary' statue as longtime radio host brings message of unity, healing to Chicago
This procession in Chicago was a big deal Friday night. Kevin Matthews is one of my all-time favorite local radio hosts. His show was like reading the daily paper with the funniest guy you've ever met.:)
I used to be a Kev-Head and if you want to learn more about him -
Radio personality Kevin Matthews: Rosary a ‘weapon’ for hopelessness
This sends a beautiful message. I was at first worried people were worshiping the statue but after reading the article I see it is the message behind the repairing of it. Thanks for sharing this!

I have done and have been blessed myself. I remember my husband (truck driver) coming off the road one time pretty troubled about something but I waited. Finally he said he figured he was pretty stupid. This from the most arrogant believer in Self Worth? I asked him what's up? He said about a month before he started giving money to any who asked or was wearing a sign asking or he even thought might need it. Not a lot. $5.00 here. $10 there. $2 another place... he said he didn't have a reason why it just started happening. All the other drivers were having a hay day making fun of him for being naive, or stupid, or high, or all the above. They'll just by drugs or alcohol or or or... It really touched me that this avowed Atheist had been CALLED by The Light and answered without hesitation. Big Brute. I told him Charity was not about what those who receive do with it. It is despite this in giving you are Blessed. I believe that with all my heart. I went to Calling him God's Ace In The Hole before he died... And I believe that with all my heart too. Nice Thread. Good one to lay my head down to.

I have done and have been blessed myself. I remember my husband (truck driver) coming off the road one time pretty troubled about something but I waited. Finally he said he figured he was pretty stupid. This from the most arrogant believer in Self Worth? I asked him what's up? He said about a month before he started giving money to any who asked or was wearing a sign asking or he even thought might need it. Not a lot. $5.00 here. $10 there. $2 another place... he said he didn't have a reason why it just started happening. All the other drivers were having a hay day making fun of him for being naive, or stupid, or high, or all the above. They'll just by drugs or alcohol or or or... It really touched me that this avowed Atheist had been CALLED by The Light and answered without hesitation. Big Brute. I told him Charity was not about what those who receive do with it. It is despite this in giving you are Blessed. I believe that with all my heart. I went to Calling him God's Ace In The Hole before he died... And I believe that with all my heart too. Nice Thread. Good one to lay my head down to.
Do you think he found faith before passing? I hope so.

One of the small things I do to make the world a better place is to be really nice to the people at the checkout register, or the waitress or the bagboy,
stockboy, salesperson......
'Really' means active listening and sincerely caring about what they have to say. And saying thank you and being genuinely appreciative.

Reactions: Debi and Benway