Bringing back the Dodo bird...and other things

I don't see the harm in bringing back this bird, it would not change the ecosystem. It went extinct not that long ago. I keep hoping the Tasmanian tiger will be brought back too. There are big hopes there. The mammoth might be another story because it belonged to another age. However just one would be amazing to see.

I don't see the harm in bringing back this bird, it would not change the ecosystem. It went extinct not that long ago. I keep hoping the Tasmanian tiger will be brought back too. There are big hopes there. The mammoth might be another story because it belonged to another age. However just one would be amazing to see.
It would be nice but....i keep getting that nagging feeling it is wrong. What's gone is gone. Regardless if humans are the reason for their extinction. We don't play God.

I'm with Selectric on this, there was a reason they went extinct and why bring them back to suffer and go extinct again through lack of suitable environments or whatever. The money would be better spent to clean this planet up and set aside areas for existing wildlife. They would be looking at making money from this resurrection as the main agenda.

It would be nice but....i keep getting that nagging feeling it is wrong. What's gone is gone. Regardless if humans are the reason for their extinction. We don't play God.
Of course, you could be right, but I believe God gave us intelligence to write our wrongs when we can. We use medicine and operations every day. Doctors are as close to playing God as anyone can get. I think bringing back "unnatural" extinctions is a good thing. They dinosaurs were a natural extinction and could harm what exists today by upsetting the natural balance of life. I don't think the dodo bird, or the Tasmanian tiger will do that. I think we can make a well thought out decision on this one.