brief glimpses into the future

I experianced alot of future visions while i was growing up exept they were always of negative events to do with myself ie random bullying events at school to being in a car crash. I started telling my family when i could recall a vision that was gonna happen in the near future to me and sure enough the event always happened. They have been amazing to me for accepting this gift but unfortunitly its gone dorment ever since i saw a famous person die (he was an australian wildlife lover by the name steve irwin) i told my mum all about how he was gonna die and that i didnt want him to because i looked up to him so much as a kid. Soon as the event happened my visions stopped. Ive always wondered if it will ever start again but other anomalys got stronger instead.

I experianced alot of future visions while i was growing up exept they were always of negative events to do with myself ie random bullying events at school to being in a car crash. I started telling my family when i could recall a vision that was gonna happen in the near future to me and sure enough the event always happened. They have been amazing to me for accepting this gift but unfortunitly its gone dorment ever since i saw a famous person die (he was an australian wildlife lover by the name steve irwin) i told my mum all about how he was gonna die and that i didnt want him to because i looked up to him so much as a kid. Soon as the event happened my visions stopped. Ive always wondered if it will ever start again but other anomalys got stronger instead.
You've got some gifts there, Lazer. Sometimes there will be stretches of time when nothing happens. Then they come back. And much can depend on where you are in a spiritual sense as well. (Vibratory rate and all.)

I have to finish a few things here on site tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow. Hope to read you again soon!

Reactions: Lazer18
So, this is going to be about the weird kind of psychic moments I have? Idk what to call them, I was wondering if anyone else had them and what it's like for them.

Baaaaaaasically, it's like I can tell the future. But not at command. I have absolutely zero control over it and sometimes don't even realize it's happened. It's very short and sweet (or pretty scary) and almost like a day dream. I get them confused often until what I "saw" happens moments/hours later.

It's maybe the same day 99% of the time now. When I was younger I'd see my classroom in an actual dream at night about a week or so before school started. It only happened for elementary school before grade 5 when they had us switching between a bunch of teachers in the day. I think it stopped because that was too much information to get. But I'd see all the kids in class and the posters on the walls. The name tags on the other kids desks, I'd see the teacher and everyone in there. I knew exactly where I sat every time. So I was allowed to skip the voluntary "orientation" before each year started because I didn't need to get a feel for anything, it already happened in my dream.

And my mom always understood and never forced anything because she's had similar experiences in her life. We've both experienced deja vu at a very high frequency. Almost a daily occurrence at worst, if not multiple times a day. We both get strong "feelings" about future events/ moments in time. In that collectively it'll feel as though something bad will happen. Or she'd know I was into something bad when I was out with friends as a teen and I'd suddenly feel like, oh shit she knows. When she'd be home in bed or at work, I wouldn't text about anything I was doing and she definitely wasn't hearing or seeing anything. She just had a feeling. And I could feel she had it. So I'd often get busted, 100% correctly, with zero evidence provided. And it always scared me to death lol

Our food cravings are also very connected. I'll be on the other side of the city and decide on something for dinner only ro find out the next day she got the same thing. This happens weekly. The point here is she understands well what I go through and her grandmother also was the same way. She'd call them in the morning or show up places when they were in trouble and NO ONE KNEW yet or contacted her. She just knew somehow. And this was obviously well before Internet and all that jazz.

So the women in my family have a bit of a history.

For me now... it's like I randomly think of or remember a memory. That's what it feels like. Only it hasn't happened yet. Then any time within the following 5 minutes to 12 hours whatever it was happens.

I'll think of a person suddenly, I'll randomly be reminded of them with no real trigger. Or I'll kind of see them in my head, like a memory but it hasn't happened yet. I am overcome with the feeling that a certain person will be somewhere we are going when no one has so much as uttered their name. Such as the time I KNEW an ex of mine would be at a bonfire that was decided that morning while I was at work. And as a surprise a couple of the guys there invited him without telling anyone.

I'll sometimes just have a very strong emotion that I'm acting on and it seems odd to everyone around me. But they'll eventually listen then in the news the next morning we hear that someone was shot/stabbed just moments after we left a location.

There have been occasions where I knew a customer (work at a restaurant ) would come in minutes before they'd stroll through the door. Everyone always finds it eerie. It's not a reservation restaurant, you walk in, get your food yourself, that kind. I'm just a cashier up front. So there's no warning for them and they are never regulars who show up at the same time every week. The last one this happened with I hadn't seen in almost a year. He went to the old restaurant I worked at. I suddenly remembered him and had a feeling he'd come in to this totally different restaurant on the other side of town. 2 minutes later he's coming around the corner and in the door.

I experience deja vu pretty frequently. But I haven't had this future sense in YEARS, maybe even a decade. Then within the last year or so it's started back up again. I'm not complaining, but it's definitely an adventure.

Am I alone here, and if not what's it like for you?
haha youre not alone. not even close. my wife and i share this gift. even before we started dating. kinda knew at that point we had quite the connection. almost like a mind meld or something:eek:

anyhow, the other day she was thinking about longboards and two seconds later i pull up my browser and look up an online longboard shop. then she piped up that she was just thinking about that.

weve also had synchronized dreams, but usually they were nightmares unfortunately :/

as for other people, I could know everything I need to know about you the moment I look you in the eye and shake your hand for the first time. I've also picked up on other people's flashbacks. these abilities are the result of me being a very sensitive empath. it's a gift and a curse, really. nobody wants to relive someone else's hell.

what i have when it comes to really knowing something, from nothing but a gut feeling, is called claircognizance. to some it can be comparable to the gift of discernment.

I've had dreams you may call "prophetic", but are very cryptic. i dont always figure out the meaning of them until its almost too late. im getting sharper though.

dont worry, you and i arent the only "weirdos" on this site, Eneme

So, this is going to be about the weird kind of psychic moments I have? Idk what to call them, I was wondering if anyone else had them and what it's like for them.

Baaaaaaasically, it's like I can tell the future. But not at command. I have absolutely zero control over it and sometimes don't even realize it's happened. It's very short and sweet (or pretty scary) and almost like a day dream. I get them confused often until what I "saw" happens moments/hours later.

It's maybe the same day 99% of the time now. When I was younger I'd see my classroom in an actual dream at night about a week or so before school started. It only happened for elementary school before grade 5 when they had us switching between a bunch of teachers in the day. I think it stopped because that was too much information to get. But I'd see all the kids in class and the posters on the walls. The name tags on the other kids desks, I'd see the teacher and everyone in there. I knew exactly where I sat every time. So I was allowed to skip the voluntary "orientation" before each year started because I didn't need to get a feel for anything, it already happened in my dream.

And my mom always understood and never forced anything because she's had similar experiences in her life. We've both experienced deja vu at a very high frequency. Almost a daily occurrence at worst, if not multiple times a day. We both get strong "feelings" about future events/ moments in time. In that collectively it'll feel as though something bad will happen. Or she'd know I was into something bad when I was out with friends as a teen and I'd suddenly feel like, oh shit she knows. When she'd be home in bed or at work, I wouldn't text about anything I was doing and she definitely wasn't hearing or seeing anything. She just had a feeling. And I could feel she had it. So I'd often get busted, 100% correctly, with zero evidence provided. And it always scared me to death lol

Our food cravings are also very connected. I'll be on the other side of the city and decide on something for dinner only ro find out the next day she got the same thing. This happens weekly. The point here is she understands well what I go through and her grandmother also was the same way. She'd call them in the morning or show up places when they were in trouble and NO ONE KNEW yet or contacted her. She just knew somehow. And this was obviously well before Internet and all that jazz.

So the women in my family have a bit of a history.

For me now... it's like I randomly think of or remember a memory. That's what it feels like. Only it hasn't happened yet. Then any time within the following 5 minutes to 12 hours whatever it was happens.

I'll think of a person suddenly, I'll randomly be reminded of them with no real trigger. Or I'll kind of see them in my head, like a memory but it hasn't happened yet. I am overcome with the feeling that a certain person will be somewhere we are going when no one has so much as uttered their name. Such as the time I KNEW an ex of mine would be at a bonfire that was decided that morning while I was at work. And as a surprise a couple of the guys there invited him without telling anyone.

I'll sometimes just have a very strong emotion that I'm acting on and it seems odd to everyone around me. But they'll eventually listen then in the news the next morning we hear that someone was shot/stabbed just moments after we left a location.

There have been occasions where I knew a customer (work at a restaurant ) would come in minutes before they'd stroll through the door. Everyone always finds it eerie. It's not a reservation restaurant, you walk in, get your food yourself, that kind. I'm just a cashier up front. So there's no warning for them and they are never regulars who show up at the same time every week. The last one this happened with I hadn't seen in almost a year. He went to the old restaurant I worked at. I suddenly remembered him and had a feeling he'd come in to this totally different restaurant on the other side of town. 2 minutes later he's coming around the corner and in the door.

I experience deja vu pretty frequently. But I haven't had this future sense in YEARS, maybe even a decade. Then within the last year or so it's started back up again. I'm not complaining, but it's definitely an adventure.

Am I alone here, and if not what's it like for you?

Hi Eneme,

First, this is my very first post to this forum. So hopefully my response is appropriately formatted and meets moderator requirements.

I’ve experienced many, many, many examples of what your seem to be describing over the course of 30 years. I love all that has been shared before like Debi’s points and those of Paintman for example. I’ll be happy to share a couple of my own inputs in hopes they might help you.

1. I often recognize I’ve received a psychic message because I’ll also perceive emotions at the same time that are relevant or reasonable for the info in the message but not appropriate for what I’m presently doing or where I’m at at that exact moment. When the actual future occurrence does cycle back around (for me up to two days later), I’ll experience the same set of emotions I felt when I first received the info.

2. Most often I will receive info in between other conscious thoughts - I almost never experience a message breaking through a conscious thought. For example, one time I was climbing up a stairwell purposely thinking about a task I needed to complete later that same day. As I placed my foot onto the top landing of the stairs, I finished my conscious thoughts about that coming task. The very next instance I had a clear premonition about a plane crash and felt saddened that I could not know enough to save the passangers. Two hours later I saw on TV a news brief about a crash that occurred about one hour earlier - it was for the same airlines and same plane model and happened in the same state as my premonition. Again, the same emotions hit me at that moment regarding my inability to save the passengers. My point is that my earlier feelings of sadness and helplessness were not reasonable for my climb up the stairs yet they were identical to what I felt when I saw the news segment on TV just two hours later.

3. Related to point number two above, I receive most of my messages when I am awake - but just barely. - typically within 15 minutes of waking like while showering, brushing my teeth, or shaving. I do receive some info just as I’m ready to fall asleep. But I’ve received many times more messages just after waking up or as I am transitioning from sleeping to being awake.

I’d urge you to trust your feelings as much as your logical mind.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
Hi Eneme,

First, this is my very first post to this forum. So hopefully my response is appropriately formatted and meets moderator requirements.

I’ve experienced many, many, many examples of what your seem to be describing over the course of 30 years. I love all that has been shared before like Debi’s points and those of Paintman for example. I’ll be happy to share a couple of my own inputs in hopes they might help you.

1. I often recognize I’ve received a psychic message because I’ll also perceive emotions at the same time that are relevant or reasonable for the info in the message but not appropriate for what I’m presently doing or where I’m at at that exact moment. When the actual future occurrence does cycle back around (for me up to two days later), I’ll experience the same set of emotions I felt when I first received the info.

2. Most often I will receive info in between other conscious thoughts - I almost never experience a message breaking through a conscious thought. For example, one time I was climbing up a stairwell purposely thinking about a task I needed to complete later that same day. As I placed my foot onto the top landing of the stairs, I finished my conscious thoughts about that coming task. The very next instance I had a clear premonition about a plane crash and felt saddened that I could not know enough to save the passangers. Two hours later I saw on TV a news brief about a crash that occurred about one hour earlier - it was for the same airlines and same plane model and happened in the same state as my premonition. Again, the same emotions hit me at that moment regarding my inability to save the passengers. My point is that my earlier feelings of sadness and helplessness were not reasonable for my climb up the stairs yet they were identical to what I felt when I saw the news segment on TV just two hours later.

3. Related to point number two above, I receive most of my messages when I am awake - but just barely. - typically within 15 minutes of waking like while showering, brushing my teeth, or shaving. I do receive some info just as I’m ready to fall asleep. But I’ve received many times more messages just after waking up or as I am transitioning from sleeping to being awake.

I’d urge you to trust your feelings as much as your logical mind.
Welcome, WitchAndShaman. For brevity in typing, I hope you don't mind if I just call you Shaman at the moment.

Very well put and well said. I think each of us "senses" in different ways, but we all seem to have the same messages and "knowing" that these are true premonitions. As I've done this my entire life, which I sense you have as well, it's a matter of accepting the messages as real and not imagination. I've often used a journal to track which has been helpful in reminding me of exactly what I sensed or thought in that moment.

As for rules and editing, you did just fine. :) Once again, welcome and very pleased to have you on board.

Welcome, WitchAndShaman. For brevity in typing, I hope you don't mind if I just call you Shaman at the moment.

Very well put and well said. I think each of us "senses" in different ways, but we all seem to have the same messages and "knowing" that these are true premonitions. As I've done this my entire life, which I sense you have as well, it's a matter of accepting the messages as real and not imagination. I've often used a journal to track which has been helpful in reminding me of exactly what I sensed or thought in that moment.

As for rules and editing, you did just fine. :) Once again, welcome and very pleased to have you on board.

Thank you both Debi and 7Christie for the welcomes. I didn’t realize until you called me “shaman” Debi that my username is so long. Let me offer “WAndS” for short - get it “W”-“And”-“S”! I’m unlikely to post many of my own experiences in new threads as I’m a little overwhelmed with number of experiences - too frequent for too long - so I wouldn’t know where to start. However, I will openly share within other’s posts if I think what I have to share might help at all.

To let you know little bit more about me and hence my username. In short I’m neither and both a witch or shaman. My primary experiences are with premonitions and telepathy. Also have few experiences with ghosts and manipulating energy and matter. But the telepathy was so problematic for me because I cannot control it, that I grasped at straws for help. Ignorantly I chose to study Wicca in hopes that I might uncover a cause for, cure for, or at least control over the telepathy. I got in with a blended group of coven and solitary witches who reviewed my experiences. Three of the witches summed up their findings as, “Well many of your experiences are very much supported within witchcraft but others are more shamanistic in nature. You probably are not really a witch.” They volunteered to introduce me to two shamans who also reviewed the material the witches had gathered. I met together with the same three witches and the shamans. The shamans said, “Well some of your experiences are certainly rooted in shamanism traditions but others are more like witchcraft. You’re probably not a shaman.” So I chose to continue learning more about Wiccan. But a few months later one of the other witches told me that the priestess who was guiding the classes stated she was afraid of me because I was accidentally revealing personal information about her and others in the group. It wasn’t malicious on my part, they would ask us to share our feelings after a ritual but my sharing almost always included some personal detail from one of the attendees and I didn’t know it. I elected to leave the group to spare anyone any pain or risk of losing their anonymity.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
Which is why I choose to now call myself a Mystic, Wands. Did the same route early in life. I found that I seem to have no real "home" religion, but my spirituality fits just fine with a Mystic who listens to the Divine One. Labels can actually get in the way of "who" we are, which is why I simply chose to be called Mystic now. I can go to mass or celebrate in a circle easily enough either way. My best friend is a nun who reminds me, "God can be whoever you need him or her to be." So now, I just listen to what is sent to me. I can hear God on the radio, through a friend's words, or through direct "knowing" when something is sent to me. The main thing is to have your spirit open to hear it.

Reactions: 7Critter
Thanks for the idea for the new label - yours is an appropriately open one.

Reactions: Debi