Bread

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
BREAD...SUCH A SIMPLE THING! THE FIRST STEP IN A GOOD SANDWICH! BREAKING BREAD HAS COME TO BE KNOWN AS A FAMILY TRADITION FOR MANY.

HOW PICKY ARE YOU ABOUT YOUR BREAD? I HAVE TWO KIDS WHO WILL ONLY EAT BUNNY WHITE BREAD OR MY HOMEMADE. ANYTHING ELSE HAS BEEN PRONOUNCED NOT EDIBLE.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BREAD? IN THIS VERY LOW CARB WORLD, IT'S BECOMING RATHER IGNORED! DO YOU STILL EAT IT?

I LOVE PUMPERNICKEL AND RYE.

Pumpernickel, the darker and coarser the better. Best sandwich I ever had was in a German gasthaus, just a big chuck of almost black pumpernickel with ham and and fresh farm cheese slathered with hot mustard.

I have been warned off gluten, but when I eat it anyway, I love this English toasting bread that is sold at our local farmer's market. They also sell really delicious hamburger buns. Also, love rye bread especially in a Ruben sandwich. When being good, I eat Ezekial bread. It's found in the frozen breads section of the store. It doesn't irritate my GI tract as much as traditional breads do, since it is made from sprouted grains. I used to make homemade bread, and it always turned out well.

Reactions: Donna K.