Brakes!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

WHAT FRIEND OR RELATIVE HAS HAD YOU PUSHING THE IMAGINARY "PASSENGER BRAKE"? OR HAD YOU SCREAMING "WATCH OUT!" AS THEY BARRELLED THROUGH A STOP SIGN?
SHARE YOUR PASSENGER PANIC STORIES!
310221024_6608027762568476_5445200374947016627_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
My friend Terry is a little bitty woman...she claims she's 4'9"...I say subtract an inch. I'm 5'7" so we make a unique looking sight walking next to each other. She drove this itty bitty car that I had to fold in two to get into. She loves to drive if we are together...I have asked for a helmet on occasion.

The woman does lane changes as if no one is next to her! She has a lead foot and drives like a banshee, does California rolling stops at stop signs, and in general terrifies me anytime I've been in her car. Yet she has a clean record and no accidents. The only thing I can figure is there is an army of angels flying with that car cuz the rosary hanging from the mirror is swinging wildly as we go down the road!

I didn't want to use the brakes but instead knock my boss on the head. When I first started working for the company I didn't know that he had narcolepsy, but he pretended like he was fine. We went to lunch one day and he said he would drive. Only one guy in the office would voluntarily ride with him and that first time I went too, while everyone else went in different cars. He fell asleep going fifty on a 2 lane back road and somehow woke up just in time to slow down and turn into the drive way of the country club where he was taking us to eat. I never rode with him again. He was the director and my boss was the manager. Once they had to go to Dallas and the manager tried to rent the car but the director beat him to it. He did not want to ride in a car that guy was driving but he came back in one piece. He said that when his boss was on the freeway from the airport to the hotel he fell asleep and the manager was just getting ready to kick his foot off the gas and grab the wheel when he saw their exit, but the director woke up and took the exit. It was like the guy had an angel sitting on his shoulder.

I never tried pushing the brake, but a buddy of mine years ago was the best and worst driver i have ever known. There were a few times we would end up facing the wrong direction on a road and tilted on two wheels before the vehicle would fall back down onto all four lol. The scariest was when we almost flipped over as we flew into a swamp Dukes of Hazzard style...with me and another friend in the back of the pick up.

One of my oldest and dearest friends is a devout Christian, one of the kindest, most gentle people you'd ever meet.....until he gets behind the wheel of car. He's a huge NASCAR fan, and he drives like it. The funny part is just how serene and peaceful he looks while driving like a bat out of hell. I guess knowing you'll be getting your just reward in the hereafter will do that.

I don't do it but my mother does, she has never held a licence or driven . I've had a clean driving record for over 40 years but she instructs me and her foot goes back and forth on the imaginary brake even though I drive carefully. I dread having to take her places.

I don't do it but my mother does, she has never held a licence or driven . I've had a clean driving record for over 40 years but she instructs me and her foot goes back and forth on the imaginary brake even though I drive carefully. I dread having to take her places.
My mother does the same thing. She can make you a nervous wreck driving with her. Now, when she is driving...look out lol.

My Dad has a major lead foot. He still lives in Los Angeles and claims that he can drive to anywhere in the city within 15 minutes. It was frustrating growing up because anytime we had plans to be somewhere at a certain time we were always waiting on him to get ready because he was so confident that we still had plenty of time if he was driving. He has so many speeding tickets it's not funny, at least not to the rest of us. He thinks it's like a game to get up in a court room and argue that he mathematically couldn't have been speeding due to how the traffic lights are timed and challenging the officer to provide proof other than the written ticket. To this day my Dad still brags about the time he got a ticket for going 115 MPH in his old minivan.

115 MPH in his old minivan.
Oh i miss my old minivan. It was my mother's company van when she ran her own business. Instead of trading it in, she gave to me to use. Perfect for side work. I used to peel wheels in that thing lol. It ran great. The dealership didn't want to give my parents a decent amount for truck, so kept it in the family. My major t-bone accident was the sad end for that truck.