Boy on Bicycle Disappears??

Regarding his appearance, and style of bike, I didn’t pay close enough attention to notice. Now that said, if he were dressed as a 1920s paperboy, I probably would have noticed. So I guess the takeaway from my limited observation would only be that he didn’t look radically unusual.

And to miss Lynne’s suggestion, again I didn’t pay him close enough attention to recall specifically what else he said. (My wife would attest to the character flaw that is my limited attention span. ;))

However, for whatever it may worth I do recall that he said he, “and his parents”, had been away. The inclusion of his parents being the only additional detail here.

Thank you for sharing this.
I always try and focus on the clothing and other items like the bike to date these things as it makes research easier as a place to start.

You would have been in a particular state of mind - very calm, doing a mundane thing you have done lots of times, so your mind was idling- and this tends to be when these sightings happen.

As the boy said his parents were away too I would first search your house records to see if previous occupants may have had an accident, then search past obits for deaths involving more than one person at a time that matches your address or your street. This can be quite involved and time consuming, and you may loose the will to keep going. A way of getting a faster result is to talk to older people in the neighbourhood that may actually remember the events! The human mind is amazing at remembering such cases if they are unusual or have emotions tied to them.

Thank you for sharing this.
I always try and focus on the clothing and other items like the bike to date these things as it makes research easier as a place to start.

You would have been in a particular state of mind - very calm, doing a mundane thing you have done lots of times, so your mind was idling- and this tends to be when these sightings happen.

As the boy said his parents were away too I would first search your house records to see if previous occupants may have had an accident, then search past obits for deaths involving more than one person at a time that matches your address or your street. This can be quite involved and time consuming, and you may loose the will to keep going. A way of getting a faster result is to talk to older people in the neighbourhood that may actually remember the events! The human mind is amazing at remembering such cases if they are unusual or have emotions tied to them.
You sound as if you are really good at researching things! I happen to love doing research on the past so this is good to hear!

It comes from many boring years of doing the donkey work for paranormal groups I'm afraid. Not the most glamorous side of things, but a necessary one.

But some good news - The Internet is here!

And some bad.... most of the period newspapers you find this stuff in are still on microfilm....miles of it!