Body camera for ghost hunts

vamp1933

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a mini body camera for ghost hunting but it needs a very good night vision I just want some advice.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
His name is Chuck and you might recognize him from the TV series Skinwalker Ranch. He's a serious paranormal investigator and also an astronomer. I sent him a message so I'm pretty sure he'll be by to give you some tips.

Hi Vamp!

A body cam can be a great idea. I have used a GoPro clone for this.
Do you want to be able to see what the camera is seeing, in real time, and control it? Such as with a phone wifi or Bluetooth connection? Or would you be content with a completely passive camera, for review later?
There are some very inexpensive HD cameras that have IR night vision, but no real-time monitoring.
You will also need IR illumination for a night vision body cam.
A regular, daylight bodycam can be used for investigating, but you will need white light illumination for those.
Some mini IR cameras have built--in illuminators. Trust me- they are NEVER bright enough, on their own.

I have had a body brifield body camera with was good but i stupidly put the wrong lead into it and broke it, i was wondering if those really small body cams are any good.

Reactions: Lynne
Why wouldn't you do a deep dive into bodycams used by law enforcement? Think about how reliable and capable they have to be considering their video is admissible in criminal courts.

A couple good places to start would be a police supply company like Galls. Find out what their top three sellers are, and get specs from those cameras. Then contact local law enforcement agencies and find out what cameras they use. They'd probably even be willing to have you come in and have them explain them to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: vamp1933 and Lynne