Blue Lightning

Don't think so, Lynne. I was not physically present during the first two events, although nearby. The Florida incident I was right there and almost got blasted! I was the one in the chair and just knew I had to "get up". It got hit about 10 seconds later.

The ball lightning my grandparents had hit their home was so unusual that it was written up in the newspaper. An actual ball of lightning zipped around their home scorching where it hit then just poofed out of existence. They even had local science types from Valparaiso University out to verify and investigate. I was about 16 at the time, and my grandmother swore it chased her down the hallway. This was their second time around with lightning....a lightning strike actually caused a huge fire at their restaurant when I was about 10. Grandma was terrified of any storm.

Hubs got side swiped taking cover under a tree....not so smart. In through hand and out through foot. He's had Raynaud's Syndrome ever since. I was in the house, so not physically near him.
Wow that's really something !

The lighting did something to his circulatory system. Is it just those spots that go numb?
His hands...both of them. They go white, then blue then almost black. The capillaries shut off blood supply and it's often set off by cold or stress. Hi hands go ice cold from lack of circulation. It started with the lightning strike and has never gone away as a syndrome.

His hands...both of them. They go white, then blue then almost black. The capillaries shut off blood supply and it's often set off by cold or stress. Hi hands go ice cold from lack of circulation. It started with the lightning strike and has never gone away as a syndrome.
Poor guy. Too bad he didn't get super powers :)

Reactions: Debi