Blind spot over military base

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Google Earth blind spot over experimental military base could be where US government hides crashed UFOs, defence insider claims

COVER UP?
Google Earth blind spot over experimental military base may be where US government hides crashed UFOs, defence insider claims

Google Earth did not update the images of the Tonopah Test Range in Nevada for eight years and will not explain why.

THE Google Earth blind spot over an experimental military base in Nevada may have been used to cover up a "super secret location" where the US government kept crashed UFOs, a defence insider has claimed.

Google Earth did not update its images of the dry lake beds of the Tonopah Test Range - just a few miles from the infamous Area 51 - for eight years - and has not explained why.

Now former MoD man Nick Pope - also known as the real-life Fox Mulder - has branded the situation "murky" and suggested it could have been part of a "gentleman's agreement" between Google and the US government.

While other military ranges have been consistently mapped, the Tonopah Test Range was not photographed between 2008 and 2016.

This is the longest any part of the continental US has not been updated, according to a Motherboard report.

Usually updates happen every 60 days, according to a Google Earth blog.

Since the early 1950s, the range has reportedly been used for government aerospace and weapons testing.

Pope, who used to run the MoD's UFO project, told Sun Online: "This is all quite murky. Either as a consequence of federal law, or through a 'gentleman's agreement', Google and/or the third party providers from whom they obtain satellite imagery have ensured that the public won't see up-to-date images of the Tonopah Test Range.

"Because of its proximity to the infamous Area 51, this has understandably started all sorts of conspiracy theories in the UFO community.

"Could this super-secret location be where the US government hides crashed UFOs? Or is it where the next generation of stealth aircraft, drones and hypersonic weapons are developed and tested?

"Either way the US government is hugely concerned - and understandably so.

Full story at site

Google Earth blind spot over experimental military base could be where US government hides crashed UFOs, defence insider claims

COVER UP?
Google Earth blind spot over experimental military base may be where US government hides crashed UFOs, defence insider claims

Google Earth did not update the images of the Tonopah Test Range in Nevada for eight years and will not explain why.

THE Google Earth blind spot over an experimental military base in Nevada may have been used to cover up a "super secret location" where the US government kept crashed UFOs, a defence insider has claimed.

Google Earth did not update its images of the dry lake beds of the Tonopah Test Range - just a few miles from the infamous Area 51 - for eight years - and has not explained why.

Now former MoD man Nick Pope - also known as the real-life Fox Mulder - has branded the situation "murky" and suggested it could have been part of a "gentleman's agreement" between Google and the US government.

While other military ranges have been consistently mapped, the Tonopah Test Range was not photographed between 2008 and 2016.

This is the longest any part of the continental US has not been updated, according to a Motherboard report.

Usually updates happen every 60 days, according to a Google Earth blog.

Since the early 1950s, the range has reportedly been used for government aerospace and weapons testing.

Pope, who used to run the MoD's UFO project, told Sun Online: "This is all quite murky. Either as a consequence of federal law, or through a 'gentleman's agreement', Google and/or the third party providers from whom they obtain satellite imagery have ensured that the public won't see up-to-date images of the Tonopah Test Range.

"Because of its proximity to the infamous Area 51, this has understandably started all sorts of conspiracy theories in the UFO community.

"Could this super-secret location be where the US government hides crashed UFOs? Or is it where the next generation of stealth aircraft, drones and hypersonic weapons are developed and tested?

"Either way the US government is hugely concerned - and understandably so.

Full story at site

Facilities where classified programs are conducted have a "bus schedule" of satellite overflights that is briefed daily to make sure any thing not wanted to be seen/photographed is stowed or otherwise concealed as the birds fly over.

Reactions: NobleHouse
Just popping in to point out for my American friends that The Sun is thought of as pretty unreliable in the UK, and inclined towards very sensationalist stories without much fact checking!

I'm not weighing in on the UFO issue - I joined this site regarding ghosts, I'm not really qualified to talk about aliens! But I wouldn't trust anything from The Sun :)

Just popping in to point out for my American friends that The Sun is thought of as pretty unreliable in the UK, and inclined towards very sensationalist stories without much fact checking!

I'm not weighing in on the UFO issue - I joined this site regarding ghosts, I'm not really qualified to talk about aliens! But I wouldn't trust anything from The Sun :)
Yupper, I'm aware of this paper's rep thanks to many of you from across the pond. When I do grab something from them it's for one of two reasons.....it's either all over the web and I'm just letting you guys see it or I have a second source on it. This one had a second source but this was the easier artticle to snag and grab...:)

Reactions: WatcherOfTheNight
Google earth also blots out certain parts of the poles suspected by many to be secret bases; co-ordinance given by admiral Byrd's expedition.

Having just re-read this article, I find one point I am skeptical about based on personal experience. It states Google Earth updates occur every sixty days, yet the view of my daughter's address shows a scrub filled vacant lot where a new house was built starting in the the spring of 2017. Similarly, I checked their image of an intersection locally that had a large building razed at least a year ago, and that building is still in place on the Google Earth image.

I have no doubt Google cooperates with governments, maybe even businesses, to minimize Google Earth coverage of sensitive locations, but I don't believe the "update every 6 months" claim.

Reactions: Debi and Paintman

Talking about the Sun seems to get your pretty heated.

Talking about the Sun seems to get your pretty heated.

Haha, nice one! :)

Yeah, it's not a paper I'm fond of. With it's name, you'd think its journalists would be a bit brighter than they are ;)