News Black or white?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/11/spokane-naacp-president-questions/71101474/

A recent investigation into racially charged threats made toward the president of the NAACP chapter in Spokane have raised questions beyond who made the threats.

On Thursday, Rachel Dolezal's parents claimed she had been deceiving people.

Ruthanne and Larry Dolezal said Thursday that they want people to know the truth including that their daughter is Caucasian. The Dolezals sat down with 11Alive's Spokane sister station, KREM 2 News and said their daughter is specifically German and Czech.

Gotta say, I haven't met many black people of German and Czech descent. I wonder, though, why the parents felt it necessary to out her? And why she felt it necessary to pretend to be mixed? Lots more under the surface with this story, I think!

I wonder if she just really has a strong love for Black peoples. It's misguided to lie, but as long as she wasn't lying from a malevolent standpoint- I don't really see much of a problem. She just really wished she were of African descent, admires the culture, etc. If you believe in reincarnation, perhaps in a past life she was of African descent & it carried over. People lie about their heritage all the time. How many people claim Native ancestry? Irish? Italian? As long as it wasn't for profit or power, I don't see anything out of the ordinary. If Bruce Jenner can become Caitlyn, then we are heading towards a world where a white woman can be black.

...we are heading towards a world where a white woman can be black.

Heck, the way things are going, we're heading towards a world where I can wake up and declare myself a carrot for the day, and everyone will be legally required to compliment me on my beautiful orange complexion and bright green top!

LOL, she doesn't even look one bit African American! :D So she apparently lied to become a NAACP president. Unless there is a rule for them that you don't have to be AA to be in the NAACP, she should be immediately removed from the position for lying. If this were reversed and this was a white pretending to be AA, the AA community would be in an uproar. This is abuse of power, and if she wants to be AA that bad, I would be VERY surprised if in the past she has not used claiming to be AA to her advantage. You all know how many times we check that race box, well if she has been doing that as AA, she has lied on every form she has filled out that way.

LOL, she doesn't even look one bit African American!

She's not. That's her as a child on the right.

635696577279285750-dolezal-split-img-bg611.jpg

Reactions: surge
She has Sideshow Bob hair!

JSpCz.jpg
Turns out that it's a weave.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-pictures-hairdo-claiming-going-natural.html

Rachel Dolezal's dark skin is the result of regular spray tans, reports claim.

The former NAACP director, who is white but pretended to be black, is a regular at Palm Beach Tan in Spokane, Washington, sources told TMZ.

According to the source, her preferred brand is Mystic Tan, which offers a 'deeper, longer lasting tan' than many of its competitors. It costs $30 a spray, which wear off in three-to-seven days, or $60 a month for unlimited top-ups.

And her shade of choice is 'medium', TMZ reported.

The revelation comes as Dolezal reveals her tight-curled hair is a weave - though she had claimed it was 'natural'.

She has so far refused to entertain questions on her skin tone, which is unrecognizable from the ivory shade in photographs of her teenage years.

Scroll down for video

29AFA6A100000578-3127521-image-a-55_1434514637195.jpg

298E484E00000578-3127521-image-m-54_1434514630479.jpg

Dolezal has unapologetically stood by her claim that she identifies as a black woman over the last several days.

But this week she has admitted that some parts of her appearance aren't real.

Her hair is worn in tight brown curls - a far cry from the blonde locks of her youth - and Dolezal finally opened up about its styling to NBC BLK’s Amber Payne on Tuesday.
n 2013, Dolezal posted a photo of herself with tight curls on Facebook with the comment, 'Going with my natural look as I start my 36th year', but it appears that statement was a lie.

Payne pressured Dolezal, who resigned as president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People's (NAACP's) Spokane chapter amid the controversy over her racial identity, asking if she used ethnic hair products such as Mixed Chicks and Miss Jessie’s.

‘Because you're you and I'm here, I'll tell you. If I'm at the grocery store or anywhere else I'd be like, “none of your business; back off”," she said. ‘This is a weave, and I do it myself.’

298E485A00000578-3127521-image-a-56_1434514675739.jpg

+4
Not real: In a 2013 Facebook post, Dolezal claimed she was 'going natural' with her hair, though it had been a weave all along

298E480200000578-3127521-image-a-63_1434514752453.jpg

298E481200000578-3127521-image-m-62_1434514743624.jpg

Variety: Dolezal told NBC BLK that she does dreads and braids for herself and others and that she often changes her hair style. She's kept the curls for a few months, however, simply because she hasn't had time for change

Reactions: surge and Debi