Science Biology, psychology and mysticism unite

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/173...-mysticism-unite-in-synchronicity-discussion/

Synchronicity-Jung-Sheldrake-674x450.jpg

The universe is full of mysteries that challenge our current knowledge. In "Beyond Science" Epoch Times collects stories about these strange phenomena to stimulate the imagination and open up previously undreamed of possibilities. Are they true? You decide.

Biologist Dr. Rupert Sheldrake and famed psychiatrist Carl Jung have taken different—but complementary—approaches to synchronicity. Synchronicity refers to coincidences that appear between one’s mental state and events occurring in the external world.

A simple, common example is when you think of someone out of the blue and your phone instantly rings with that person on the other line. But many synchronicities are more bizarre and complex.

Jung coined the term “synchronicity” and approached this mysterious phenomenon from a psychological perspective, forming a theoretical basis for understanding it. Sheldrake—who counts among his credentials work in developmental biology at Cambridge University—has spent decades gathering evidence for the physical existence of a mental field extending beyond the body. His specialty is “the extended mind.”

A newly recorded, exclusive interview with Sheldrake will be included in a webinar beginning Sept. 27, titled “Jung and Sheldrake: Synchronicity & the Extended Mind.” The webinar will open a discussion on synchronicity from a variety of perspectives. The webinar host, Gary Bobroff, is an author, speaker, and workshop leader with a masters degree in psychology; his co-host, Cynthia Cavalli, has a doctorate in human systems, an MBA, and a bachelor of science in physics.

COMPLETE STORY AT SITE

Reactions: Mokey
Well since I've been accused of being him, I'll just say it: There's no such thing as coincidence. Okay, now I'm running away from this thread before I get caught.

Reactions: Debi
Well since I've been accused of being him, I'll just say it: There's no such thing as coincidence. Okay, now I'm running away from this thread before I get caught.
LOL! OK, George...errr....Mokey! We believe you! :p;)

Reactions: 7Critter and Mokey