Bigfoot Stink, Sherburne part one.

Tworivers71

Bigfoot Researcher
Reaction score
I have included a map this time for better a visual. Wink! ;) Ok, The place I was at last night deep..in the Atchafalaya basin is a place I've camped at least...100 times since 2005. This is in what they call the Southern Campground. Super primitive. No water, nothing but hardwood bottomland /Mixed swamp in places. It is exactly 1/2 mile from the Atchafalaya river, a super fast undercurrent river that many...people have lost their lives attempting to swim across. There is Bigfoot history here. Alot of our 1st few years Louisiana audio, came from here. I used to hear wood knocks all the time. Then, the flood of 2016 changed everything. They must've moved to higher, better ground. Now there is nothing. (I think...I heard one last night tho).

Incident #1. 2013-14. Spring. I was in what we call basecamp. Its a cut in the woodline that I would mow every fall and winter for camping. I let nature reclaim it 5 years ago. Anyway, I was camping and had my CR250 dirt bike with me as I was riding the next morning. This particular night, I forgot my damn tent! (forehead slap). So, I slept what I call "open air". Meaning I just put my sleeping system (bedding) in the bed of my truck. The CR was on the ground on a stand 5 feet behind the truck. That night the temp got down to about 58 degrees. All I had to cover was a cloth packing blanket. I had a loaded Vaquero 45 lc at my right side. I put the blanket over my face to help keep the damn mosquitos at bay. I goto sleep. About 4 am, I was awakened, by the most God-awful.... smell....It wasn't me! Wasn't my blanket or anything else with me. The smell was so nauseating, it woke me up out of a dead....stage 4 sleep! I heard quick movement then I quickly sat up and looked around. 4am is quite dark so, I saw nothing. I can't describe the smell because I have nothing to compare it to. It wasn't rotten eggs, garbage like most encounters. Just an extremely offensive odor!

Incident # 2 Also Southern campground. About 2 years ago. I was camped where I was last night. About maybe 10 feet from the actual spot in what we call the "little cubbyhole". This is a cut right next to basecamp to the east. This night, I forgot my CPAP. Ya'll see a pattern here? Always forgetting something. Lol. Anyway, I was in my tent (had that) and went to sleep. So, with Sleep Apnea, you gasp for air all night, starving your heart and brain. Without a CPAP, your body, mind will not get complete rest. I have a bad case of it. Anyway, I went to sleep. I must've been having a bad episode and was again awakened by the most God awful smell right out a stage 4 Sleep. It was awful. Just awful! I awoke, and could have sworn I heard what to my ears sounded like, Chimpanzees screaming trailing away from my camp. I am a bit of a sensitive. Not the best, but pretty sharp. My intuition was telling me that, they heard me gasping for air, and came to investigate. Pretty sure my guides told me this: I have read on more than one account that if humans are in genuine...peril, If there is a Bigfoot nearby, they will come and assist. I dunno.

Incident # 3. I was camping in the southern campground. I had heard some coyotes in the same spot 2 nights in a row. So, I went to where I thought they were coming out and was standing there waiting to start the recorder like 7 pm. All of a sudden, about 50 yards away thru the woods I heard C R A C K !!! A POWER Knock! A mean A real whooper of a knock! Wood on wood! Like A baseball player swinging for the fence! Loudest I have ever heard live, in the field. And....I missed it by 13.....damn....seconds! Powerknock of the century, right there. Missed.....
Southern Campground 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Selectric and Paulm
I forgot to mention on both occasions, being all of a sudden yanked out of a deep stage four sleep, I was so disoriented it took me about 15/20 seconds to realize and process what had just happened

Last edited:
Reactions: Selectric and Paulm
I have included a map this time for better a visual. Wink! ;) Ok, The place I was at last night deep..in the Atchafalaya basin is a place I've camped at least...100 times since 2005. This is in what they call the Southern Campground. Super primitive. No water, nothing but hardwood bottomland /Mixed swamp in places. It is exactly 1/2 mile from the Atchafalaya river, a super fast undercurrent river that many...people have lost their lives attempting to swim across. There is Bigfoot history here. Alot of our 1st few years Louisiana audio, came from here. I used to hear wood knocks all the time. Then, the flood of 2016 changed everything. They must've moved to higher, better ground. Now there is nothing. (I think...I heard one last night tho).

Incident #1. 2013-14. Spring. I was in what we call basecamp. Its a cut in the woodline that I would mow every fall and winter for camping. I let nature reclaim it 5 years ago. Anyway, I was camping and had my CR250 dirt bike with me as I was riding the next morning. This particular night, I forgot my damn tent! (forehead slap). So, I slept what I call "open air". Meaning I just put my sleeping system (bedding) in the bed of my truck. The CR was on the ground on a stand 5 feet behind the truck. That night the temp got down to about 58 degrees. All I had to cover was a cloth packing blanket. I had a loaded Vaquero 45 lc at my right side. I put the blanket over my face to help keep the damn mosquitos at bay. I goto sleep. About 4 am, I was awakened, by the most God-awful.... smell....It wasn't me! Wasn't my blanket or anything else with me. The smell was so nauseating, it woke me up out of a dead....stage 4 sleep! I heard quick movement then I quickly sat up and looked around. 4am is quite dark so, I saw nothing. I can't describe the smell because I have nothing to compare it to. It wasn't rotten eggs, garbage like most encounters. Just an extremely offensive odor!

Incident # 2 Also Southern campground. About 2 years ago. I was camped where I was last night. About maybe 10 feet from the actual spot in what we call the "little cubbyhole". This is a cut right next to basecamp to the east. This night, I forgot my CPAP. Ya'll see a pattern here? Always forgetting something. Lol. Anyway, I was in my tent (had that) and went to sleep. So, with Sleep Apnea, you gasp for air all night, starving your heart and brain. Without a CPAP, your body, mind will not get complete rest. I have a bad case of it. Anyway, I went to sleep. I must've been having a bad episode and was again awakened by the most God awful smell right out a stage 4 Sleep. It was awful. Just awful! I awoke, and could have sworn I heard what to my ears sounded like, Chimpanzees screaming trailing away from my camp. I am a bit of a sensitive. Not the best, but pretty sharp. My intuition was telling me that, they heard me gasping for air, and came to investigate. Pretty sure my guides told me this: I have read on more than one account that if humans are in genuine...peril, If there is a Bigfoot nearby, they will come and assist. I dunno.

Incident # 3. I was camping in the southern campground. I had heard some coyotes in the same spot 2 nights in a row. So, I went to where I thought they were coming out and was standing there waiting to start the recorder like 7 pm. All of a sudden, about 50 yards away thru the woods I heard C R A C K !!! A POWER Knock! A mean A real whooper of a knock! Wood on wood! Like A baseball player swinging for the fence! Loudest I have ever heard live, in the field. And....I missed it by 13.....damn....seconds! Powerknock of the century, right there. Missed.....View attachment 46647
cool area, do you ever follow the powerline easement, there has been lots of stories of those being very active with sightings. getting further in towards the center areas could be good too, maybe in the little alabama road area or around the what looks like fracking pads/areas..... looks like a good area overall. you said the first encounter happened in the spring, what about the second?, same time of year? there could be a migratory pattern following a north south route from the southern bayous northwards. it would be probable that these things would be migratory and move seasonally, until farming all our ancestors and the great apes migrated with the food sources. put all the sightings together and see if a pattern emerges. but overall that looks like a very cool area to explore.

This is very exciting camping! Surly evidence that these things are out there. Anything happening so far on this trip? I can't imagine how bad the mosquitoes must be.

cool area, do you ever follow the powerline easement, there has been lots of stories of those being very active with sightings. getting further in towards the center areas could be good too, maybe in the little alabama road area or around the what looks like fracking pads/areas..... looks like a good area overall. you said the first encounter happened in the spring, what about the second?, same time of year? there could be a migratory pattern following a north south route from the southern bayous northwards. it would be probable that these things would be migratory and move seasonally, until farming all our ancestors and the great apes migrated with the food sources. put all the sightings together and see if a pattern emerges. but overall that looks like a very cool area to explore.
Yea thanks. That place has been my stomping grounds since 2005. This past sat was the first time I've been back in a year. If you go east down 975 (the gravel road along the levee) You will come to happytown road. There is a atv trail on the left about 3/4 of a mile on the left. thats where all....the action usually is. In fact, I had a recorder there for the night. Go to our TEXLA site and listen to the very first walkups we got at the ATV trail. Pretty good stuf! Yes. I have walked that easement, we called the Powerline many times. In fact, On my dirt bike, if you keep following the Powerline you will eventually run into the ATV trail on Happytown. While there Saturday, I started getting fleeting happy memories of spending entire weekends there like I once did. I hear alot of yotes calling from the powerline....
And....for some reason, unknown to me or anyone, 95% of the wood knocks I hear at Lil cubby or basecamp all....come from the SE. The one I thought I heard sat was also from the SE. I found a MAJOR....tree teepee behind basecamp in 2006. It was 12' high! I have pics of it to this day. I will post in the future...

Last edited:
Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
I believe the 2nd Incident was late Spring when It was a bit warmer if I remember correctly.

This is very exciting camping! Surly evidence that these things are out there. Anything happening so far on this trip? I can't imagine how bad the mosquitoes must be.
Ya know Lynne, something in me has changed. I have a reputation, for camping in remote places such as this, just more-less fearless.....Over the last year or two, I have just lost my nerve, fear has come into play. Recently when I'd camp, I'd be nervous, super un-easy and couldn't wait till morning came. I have never...been that way. Granted, I am a bit older, wiser, and married. Lol. So, to answer your question, I was just starting to feel good, confident, again and then, I heard a Gi-normous tree crash! Crap. Really. Then I think I could have sworn, I hear a wood on wood knock! But, I hadn't started recording at that time. I typically record from 6-5 am in the winter and early spring. In daylight savings, I'll record from 9- 5 am. This past weekend I was starting at 7. The knock was around 6:15 or so. As the big light bulb in the sky goes down, the skeeters start coming out. I swing in a hammock swing so, they cant catch me! Lol. But at nighttime, the moment I stop to pee, they attack! Lol. The gnats are starting to get bad during daylight hours. There is a Womans body spray people down here in S LA use that gnats absolutely hate! They wont have any part of it. And us guys smell wonderful! ;bg3 ;bg3

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
Ya know Lynne, something in me has changed. I have a reputation, for camping in remote places such as this, just more-less fearless.....Over the last year or two, I have just lost my nerve, fear has come into play. Recently when I'd camp, I'd be nervous, super un-easy and couldn't wait till morning came. I have never...been that way. Granted, I am a bit older, wiser, and married. Lol. So, to answer your question, I was just starting to feel good, confident, again and then, I heard a Gi-normous tree crash! Crap. Really. Then I think I could have sworn, I hear a wood on wood knock! But, I hadn't started recording at that time. I typically record from 6-5 am in the winter and early spring. In daylight savings, I'll record from 9- 5 am. This past weekend I was starting at 7. The knock was around 6:15 or so. As the big light bulb in the sky goes down, the skeeters start coming out. I swing in a hammock swing so, they cant catch me! Lol. But at nighttime, the moment I stop to pee, they attack! Lol. The gnats are starting to get bad during daylight hours. There is a Womans body spray people down here in S LA use that gnats absolutely hate! They wont have any part of it. And us guys smell wonderful! ;bg3 ;bg3
Avon Skin so Soft. Works like a charm to battle all bugs.

Reactions: Selectric
Avon Skin so Soft. Works like a charm to battle all bugs.
May have to try that.... They use whats called, by Victoria's Secret called Amber something....its a women's body spray. Gnats wont have a thing to do with it for some reason.

May have to try that.... They use whats called, by Victoria's Secret called Amber something....its a women's body spray. Gnats wont have a thing to do with it for some reason.
Amber Romance. Yup...that works, too.