Bigfoot hunter talks sightings

Kinda confused. Did i read right the 'bigfoot hunter' only has witness claims and none of his own? Be a slow news day if they interviewed the guy with no sightings of his own lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulm
Kinda confused. Did i read right the 'bigfoot hunter' only has witness claims and none of his own? Be a slow news day if they interviewed the guy with no sightings of his own lol.
Yup! You read that right!

• Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric
Wild creatures that live in the woods are massively hard to spot. For one thing, they have the patience that comes from their need to survive that allows them to be still in a way that most people could never manage for more than a few minutes. They walk quietly in a way that ONLY people that go barefoot can come close to managing.

I have spent a lot of time in the woods and what I have noticed is that when a man moves through an area all other creatures get VERRRRY still and stay that way for a long time. If you can be still for about an hour you will see the woods come back to life. I actually had a deer walk up and nudge me one time. It was raining and I had the wind in my face. The deer couldn't detect me by smell and as long as I refused to twitch it was unsure of what I was. They are a lot more dependent on smell than sight most of the time.

Wild creatures that live in the woods are massively hard to spot. For one thing, they have the patience that comes from their need to survive that allows them to be still in a way that most people could never manage for more than a few minutes. They walk quietly in a way that ONLY people that go barefoot can come close to managing.

I have spent a lot of time in the woods and what I have noticed is that when a man moves through an area all other creatures get VERRRRY still and stay that way for a long time. If you can be still for about an hour you will see the woods come back to life. I actually had a deer walk up and nudge me one time. It was raining and I had the wind in my face. The deer couldn't detect me by smell and as long as I refused to twitch it was unsure of what I was. They are a lot more dependent on smell than sight most of the time.
Good points, Dan. The woods can get very quiet very fast when creatures of any kind sense a disruption.

People are almost always a disruption. It is sort of funny but IF you have that patience and desire you can almost become invisible in the woods to other people by simply being still and being in an odd sitting position. People look for things. That means that they have an image in their mind and are "looking" for things in a comparative fashion. If you arrange yourself in a different way than they are "looking" for you will be unseen by most of them.

If you want to "see" more in the woods, you need to try and just look without looking FOR anything specific. You will not always SEE a deer standing there in a perfect profile. If that is all that you are LOOKING for your eyes will pass right over a deer laying down or in any other position than the profile.

I know that this sounds simple but it is harder to do than you think. In some areas, our intelligence blinds us to a lot of things that the beasts of the fields are very aware of.

Reactions: Debi and Selectric
The "feeling of being watched" is talked about a lot and I think it is a valid perception. I also think animals may have that sense to a much higher degree than humans do.

And, to get really "out there" my conjecture is that some predators may have the ability to somehow suppress that perception in the prey they stalk.