Bigalow offers $1M for proof

a million dollars was offered back in 1964 by James Randi for any proof of psychic abilities and such.... you would think they could do a little better by now, ya know, inflation and all.....lol
What makes this offer different from those of guys like Randi and Phil Klass is they were skeptics. Even if Bigelow is totally objective, his standards of proof are probably significantly lower than those of skeptics. Of course Bigelow is in a better position financially to pay off a $1M challenge than Randi or Klass.

I noticed the proof was to be an essay. How can anyone prove life after death in an essay? I would think he would ask for picture or material proof but an essay? I think he will keep him mil unless there is some really saavy medium that can do this.

I noticed the proof was to be an essay. How can anyone prove life after death in an essay? I would think he would ask for picture or material proof but an essay? I think he will keep him mil unless there is some really saavy medium that can do this.
Bigalow is one who believes in Life after Death. I don't think he's out to find the science so much as "reasons why" it's possible.

I sort of believe in life both before and after death. I have fairly clear memories of a previous life in a time around the late 1700s. I am uncertain if this was actually ME or if, maybe, it is a matter of shared memories among all people and for some reason, those memories resonated especially with me.

This is like a lot of things with me...lots of questions and not a lot of answers. For example, I have seen figures that were very clearly manlike. I don't know if it was a "ghost", my imagination, or if I was somehow seeing some sort of afterlife image imprinted on that PLACE that I picked up because I am sensitive to such things.

The problem with most of the paranormal things is that there are few instances where you can put it in a box and examine it clearly in the light of day and show it to people. Why is it that people can take pictures of almost extinct animals yet pictures of bigfoot, UFOs, Mothman or Ghosts are always blurry and out of focus?

a million dollars was offered back in 1964 by James Randi for any proof of psychic abilities and such.... you would think they could do a little better by now, ya know, inflation and all.....lol
Like they say “ for believers no proof his needed and for non believers no proof is enough”. The amazing Randy made his living as a skeptic and he was never going to accept anything as proof.

Reactions: Paulm
Bigalow is one who believes in Life after Death. I don't think he's out to find the science so much as "reasons why" it's possible.
This sounds like a rich man trying to buy his way into escaping the inevitable. In my opinion he could better spend his money helping others or with ecological projects. His after life might be improved a lot. I will however enjoy reading the findings from his offer.

The guy bought skin walker ranch, so part of me wants to say he’s legit in his interest, however, it does state on competition page it’s to provide a public service by raising awareness for the survival of human conciousness - which just makes me think he’s about to publish some doctored entry to start a cult - buy your way into a successful afterlife.

That aside, regarding “proof” via essay, these are the requirements

BICS envisions the essays focus to be on scientific evidence as well as objective and subjective supported documentation as gathered
  • From special cases, including older cases, from very credible witnesses
  • From photographic or electronic data
  • From all available literature
  • From highly validated and authenticated human experiences
  • From other relevant sources

• only qualified people will be succesful on their application... I didn’t try applying to find out what qualifications were necessary, but I’m guessing psychics and mediums are out.

Reactions: Malaria_Kidd IV
Also, just because it amused me, in the FAQs section... why specifically French?
6E5B66C7-EB59-4FE4-B2A7-E7CCFBCB3DFF.jpeg

Reactions: Malaria_Kidd IV