Big Cats

As cats go these are not very attractive. I do love cats and I’m sure they are nice pets but this breed is on the homily end of the gene pool lol.
Cats are so amazing to me because they are survivors and have learned how to outsmart us and to some extent IMO how to get us to do stuff for them. I also believe they have true love for us and maybe think they look like us because ive read where animals such as dogs and cats dont know what they really look like and associate form differently than we do. This morning I went outside and looked at my car in the drive . I noticed something remarkable to me anyway. A cat had walked across my trunk lid during the night and left its little paw prints in the moisture on the surface of the trunk. Ive seen this stray before at 6 in the am looking at me through the window. It looks like a male to me I would love to find it a home. Maybe that is next. He left his prints for me to know he is still around and please leave some food again.

Cats are so amazing to me because they are survivors and have learned how to outsmart us and to some extent IMO how to get us to do stuff for them. I also believe they have true love for us and maybe think they look like us because ive read where animals such as dogs and cats dont know what they really look like and associate form differently than we do. This morning I went outside and looked at my car in the drive . I noticed something remarkable to me anyway. A cat had walked across my trunk lid during the night and left its little paw prints in the moisture on the surface of the trunk. Ive seen this stray before at 6 in the am looking at me through the window. It looks like a male to me I would love to find it a home. Maybe that is next. He left his prints for me to know he is still around and please leave some food again.
I have a house cat and a barn full of rescues. They are great pets.

Reactions: Walking Goose
I have a house cat and a barn full of rescues. They are great pets.
When we owned a home we had our back yard cat fenced. It cost quite a bit of money and the truly wild ones we rescued could jump the fence in a minute but the old ones and the more people loved ones alwasys stayed in the back yard which was huge and hunt all day long. They would bring in snakes, chipmunks, squirrels, anything the little lions could manage to abduct they would bring them in the cat door and into the house and play like crazy with the poor things. I used to have some inductrial types gloves that I would have to use to grab the munks and put them back out because the cats would play them until they were no longer breathing. They are disturbing at times but I guess thats how Creator made them to survive. I recently had a siamese that we fostered and for the first time I felt a real sadness at letting her go. We usually foster kittens and they are so happy and trusting that it is easy to get them adopted and also for me to let go after fostering them for about 6-8 weeks. The siamese was really scared and after two weeks with me sitting in the foster room with her she still was afraid to come out from under the bed or dresser. She would come out for me but no one else. It broke my heart when I ahd to give her up but I am not young anymore . Que sera sera, whatever will be will be.

Reactions: Cat Man and Lynne
When we owned a home we had our back yard cat fenced. It cost quite a bit of money and the truly wild ones we rescued could jump the fence in a minute but the old ones and the more people loved ones alwasys stayed in the back yard which was huge and hunt all day long. They would bring in snakes, chipmunks, squirrels, anything the little lions could manage to abduct they would bring them in the cat door and into the house and play like crazy with the poor things. I used to have some inductrial types gloves that I would have to use to grab the munks and put them back out because the cats would play them until they were no longer breathing. They are disturbing at times but I guess thats how Creator made them to survive. I recently had a siamese that we fostered and for the first time I felt a real sadness at letting her go. We usually foster kittens and they are so happy and trusting that it is easy to get them adopted and also for me to let go after fostering them for about 6-8 weeks. The siamese was really scared and after two weeks with me sitting in the foster room with her she still was afraid to come out from under the bed or dresser. She would come out for me but no one else. It broke my heart when I ahd to give her up but I am not young anymore . Que sera sera, whatever will be will be.
You are doing good work and saw to her future. I think animals increase our years because they are healing and give us love. I don’t know how old you are but I hope you allow yourself a pet. You can always arrange for their care with someone in the event it out lives you.

Reactions: Cat Man
Mama Lynx and her baby. This mom doesnt mess around .
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Reactions: Lynne and Cat Man
There are older cats that need to be adopted in shelters. Some were given up by people who could no longer care for them, others left behind due to relocation of the families they lived with. I always felt really bad for these cats. The kittens get adapted much more easily, but these cats, many of whom have been socialized to be around caring humans seem so lost and desperate for love. Yet, most people want to adopt a kitten (understandably). My wife and I agreed that when the last of our cats are gone, we should adopt an older cat because we too are up in our years and don't want to risk the cat having no one to care for it if it outlives us.

I once saw a documentary where the premise was to take the genetic make up of the best surviving species of cats and put them together into the ultimate cat. Most of the contributors to this imaginary genetic super cat were large cats like cheetahs and mountain lions. One, however, was the urban feral cat because of it's savvy and wits for survival.

I once saw a documentary where the premise was to take the genetic make up of the best surviving species of cats and put them together into the ultimate cat. Most of the contributors to this imaginary genetic super cat were large cats like cheetahs and mountain lions. One, however, was the urban feral cat because of it's savvy and wits for survival.
I was at the big federal park nearby a few weeks ago and noticed a stray sitting watching and waiting for chipmunks. He had a white and black coat which made him stand out to me in a world of brown and green. Anyway no one even noticed him that were walking by. They were looking at their phones and seemingly lost in thought which I do too often. That cat looked at me and smiled. Anyone that keeps the little lions knows when they half close their eyes its a sign of relaxation and some think a smile in cat speak. I couldnt help but feel bad about him being outside but they are so clever and I think guided by some sort of spirit in their lives that I wondered if I wasnt the poor thing lost outside and he was the one where he should be. I just read an obit about someone I knew in the local paper. This covid is killing off the old folks pretty quickly and it is scary. Shelters are getting the cats of many that are passing.

Reactions: Lynne
There are older cats that need to be adopted in shelters. Some were given up by people who could no longer care for them, others left behind due to relocation of the families they lived with. I always felt really bad for these cats. The kittens get adapted much more easily, but these cats, many of whom have been socialized to be around caring humans seem so lost and desperate for love. Yet, most people want to adopt a kitten (understandably). My wife and I agreed that when the last of our cats are gone, we should adopt an older cat because we too are up in our years and don't want to risk the cat having no one to care for it if it outlives us.
An excellent idea

Reactions: Debi