Big Cats

Great find ! I love cats but am not foolish enough to embrace a wild panther of that size. BTW I have a rescue that weighs over 22 pounds. He is black and named Twizler. He is the biggest cat almost Ive ever seen. I had a Bengal once that we rescued that weighed 24 pounds and he was HUGE. Neither cat is overweight. Just BIG and awesome looking IMO. It means either two things that that cat is prowling in that neighborhood. One IMO is that maybe someone let him loose from their collection which is doubtful but possible. Or he has found the local rat, cat, feral dog, possom, action too good to pass up.

Cats are formidable opponents even the little ones. I found this video and while its cute it shows how protective even they can be.
I honestly have never seen this kind of behavior before but for some reason he or she must really dislike guests.

I have a cat that looks a lot like the one protecting it's territory from behind the window in the video above. My guy weighs 18 Lbs. though and he's just as aggressive when he needs to be. He's strictly indoor but has bolted out the door to chase after stray cats a couple of times when I wasn't paying enough attention. My understanding is that cats with this type of marking (some people call them "Tux" cats due to the the black and white markings looking like the formal attire men sometimes wear) often exhibit "dog-like" behaviors. Mine chases its tail sometimes.....just like a dog. I have even had a veterinary tech say "gee, he kind of looks like a dog when you look at his face". I have yet to hear him bark though. That'll be one for the history books!

I knew a guy that had a tiger. That big cat was just a big love sponge. he was more like a dog in nature and loved their dogs to pieces. They got him when he was tiny and bottle raised him. He was sweet but the first time I met him we pulled up in the yard and got out of the car and when we were about halfway to the house his wife came out and HERE he came!! I will admit that the pucker factor near maxed out for a few seconds but then after greeting his Dad he came to me just thrilled to have a new friend and the pucker factor went back to normal.

I have had two really big hundred pound plus wolf/husky mixes so big animals don't bother me but that cat was HUGE. I don't know about other types of big cats but there was nothing scary about that cat. Their little boy rode him like a horse and he was soooo careful not to move very fast. He was almost like having a full-time babysitter for the little boy. My big huskies were both the same way around kids especially my daughter which was THEIR little girl to them. Big animals seem to be of a calmer nature.

I have a cat that looks a lot like the one protecting it's territory from behind the window in the video above. My guy weighs 18 Lbs. though and he's just as aggressive when he needs to be. He's strictly indoor but has bolted out the door to chase after stray cats a couple of times when I wasn't paying enough attention. My understanding is that cats with this type of marking (some people call them "Tux" cats due to the the black and white markings looking like the formal attire men sometimes wear) often exhibit "dog-like" behaviors. Mine chases its tail sometimes.....just like a dog. I have even had a veterinary tech say "gee, he kind of looks like a dog when you look at his face". I have yet to hear him bark though. That'll be one for the history books!
Cat Man now that you mention it I had a Tux rescue at one time that made it his business to attack every cat except one . He liked Squatch for some odd reason. We got him a home where he is the top cat and the only cat,

Jerry, my tomcat, is about 16 pounds and is long and lanky. The only thing that he stalks are my rat terrier and my Yorkie that he thinks is his Mama. He found a mouse one night and was having a great time gently playing with it until the Yorkie pounced on it and killed it. As near as I can tell he has zero killer instinct. He is an excellent lap warmer though.

I didn’t know England even had large cats in their history. A lot of people report seeing them in unlikely places.

A Breed of cats that looks like a wolf! I just saw this. I want a lykoi. I am sure they are out of my price range but man are they adorable!!

A Breed of cats that looks like a wolf! I just saw this. I want a lykoi. I am sure they are out of my price range but man are they adorable!!
As cats go these are not very attractive. I do love cats and I’m sure they are nice pets but this breed is on the homily end of the gene pool lol.