BF howl in Ohio

just like the sites that grab the art contest pics and claim them to be real....or the patterson/gimlin film....morris costumes claim that they made the suit for patterson...that claim is even on their website....lol.... but people are gonna believe what they want.
The "Astonishing Legends" guys did a six part, fifteen hour deep dive on Patterson-Gimlin. One of the segments presented "experts" in costume design, period photography/cameras, and actors who make/have made a living performing in costumes as monsters, animals, etc. To the AL guys' credit, they got "experts" who espoused opposite views on the film. The Morris claims figured prominently. The one line I remember was a costume designer who referred to "Patty" as a "bad monkey suit."

I agree with you about various sources scrounging up unrelated photos/illustrations for articles. I notice it mostly with UFO stories, either because I know the provenance of the illustration or because it bears no resemblance to what was claimed to have been seen.

Reactions: Paulm
The "Astonishing Legends" guys did a six part, fifteen hour deep dive on Patterson-Gimlin. One of the segments presented "experts" in costume design, period photography/cameras, and actors who make/have made a living performing in costumes as monsters, animals, etc. To the AL guys' credit, they got "experts" who espoused opposite views on the film. The Morris claims figured prominently. The one line I remember was a costume designer who referred to "Patty" as a "bad monkey suit."

I agree with you about various sources scrounging up unrelated photos/illustrations for articles. I notice it mostly with UFO stories, either because I know the provenance of the illustration or because it bears no resemblance to what was claimed to have been seen.
one of the best debates ive seen on the patterson film was from an anthropologist / primate expert who focused on the physical flaws of the "creature", the sagittal crest on a female, etc... (female primates dont have the crest).. the motion when walking, the lack of a "pot belly" that an omnivore would have to slowly digest plant matter.....(again, meat eaters dont develope the crest).... that is the science i find interesting before just trying to debate the suit structure...anatomy and evolution is the question of importance that would lead to answers.....

Reactions: Duke
One can always find "experts" to say whatever they are paid to say.

Reactions: Lynne