Beyond the 5 senses

Years ago I read of a woman in England who had 4 different color-sensing cones on her retinas, rather than the three that most of us have. Researchers working with her found that she had a much richer color pallette, as a result.
She related tales of telling her friends that their outfits just didn't match at all, amazed that their color sense was so messed-up, lol!

Just imagine seeing the world through her eyes!

I was a musician in my youth and always had trouble tuning guitars. They always seemed slightly out of tune to my ear even when I used electronic tuning gadgets. Guitars and pianos played by others always seemed slightly out of tune too even when played by virtuoso musicians.

I tried to ignore it thinking there was something wrong with my "ear."

Recently I discovered that there was nothing wrong. Guitars and pianos and some other instruments ARE out of tune and so are the tuning gadgets that are used to tune them. I was simply perceiving this discordance.

For those with a musical background who are interested, this video explains:

I wish I had known this before. I might not have given up music. :confused:

I was always told i had an ear for music. Whether that was true or not...i never did pursue it. I think like anything of 'artist interpretation' it is given to the one creating it. Regardless of being out of tune whether right or wrong, it is what the person created from their own self. It's how we perceive that creation that people put emphasis on. Can never please everyone lol. Shame you gave up on it Crux. Shame on me for never pursuing music myself. Never too late to start they say.