Best kid costume

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT WAS YOUR BEST HALLOWEEN COSTUME AS A KID? THE WORST?

DID YOU WEAR THE CAN'T BREATHE MASKS FROM THE STORE?

BEST COSTUME YOU WISH YOU HAD THOUGHT OF?

Reactions: garnetsilver
I don't ever remember wearing a costume, usually just a cheap, store bought mask. When I was five or six, I know I wore a Donald Duck mask, but don't recall any others specifically. The last two years I went trick or treating, I dressed as a hobo and finally at age thirteen as a bank robber (with one of my Mom's old stockings over my face.)

Last edited:
I was never into costumes. I get invited every year to parties and the pressure of having to put on a costume is awful. There is something about wearing a disguise that bothers me. I can’t remember a fav costume. They were the cheap plastic ones as a young kid and then homemade simple ones as I got older.

I certainly remember that costumes which used to come in a cardboard box. One year I was Casper the Friendly Ghost. Yes, with the one-piece silk pull-on body and the “I can’t breathe” kind of mask.

My favorite costume was probably the Capt. Marvel (aka, Shazam) costume I homemade at age 14 or the year I was Spuds MacKenzie. That second one was hardly a costume at all as it was mostly white body paint, a tiny Hawaiian shirt, and a pair of teeny tiny white shorts...plus a pair of dog ears and a can of beer.

One year, I wore a prom dress. I won a “Best Ankles” award. The woman who lent the dress to me told me that I had a better chest than her sister who last wore the dress. I might have won another award too had I shaved my chest.

Last edited:
I certainly remember that costumes which used to come in a cardboard box. One year I was Casper the Friendly Ghost. Yes, with the one-piece silk pull-on body and the “I can’t breathe” Kind of mask.

WandS....flashback???

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcasper.jpg

Oh, I definitely remember that mask smell and the difficulty breathing in them. I can't remember any outstanding costumes, we just had the store bought ones if my parents remembered in time. I do remember Trick or Treat, and getting excited about having a bag of goodies all to myself! One funny memory; this happened to my youngest brother when I was a young adult. He was about ten and my other brother was eleven. They were getting ready to go out Trick or Treating, and the eleven year old was teasing the ten year old. He got upset and came to complain to my mother, forgetting he was wearing a grinning Casper mask. It looked so funny, to hear him angrily shouting while this mask grinned away. We all had a good laugh.

I see you've been in my closet this morning Paul.

Actually, your image and my response to same would give my GF fits. I'm a terrible "mini hoarder" so she would expect that you might really find that in my closet.

Last edited: