Best and Worst

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What are the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?

Oh we’ve all made some seriously bad purchases, so what are yours? And what about the best purchase, and where can I get one?

The worst purchase we made was a new washer. It was supposed to be energy efficient, and to be able to conserve water. I liked the way it looked, too - it had a see through lid, and a deep drum. I thought it would be good for washing quilts so I wouldn't have to lug them to a laundromat. Well, we are now putting it on Craig's list!

First of all, the stupid thing wasn't getting our clothes clean! At first, we thought it was the laundry soap we had switched too, so we brought a stronger brand. Then I started noticing dry patches on the clothing after the wash was finished. Got suspicious, and looked it up on YouTube. There was a slew of videos about how to defeat the weight requirement by pouring in a quantity of water to make the clothes heavier, in order to trick the machine into filling with more water. So the darned thing wasn't capable of getting our clothes clean at all. When we moved into our current house, we were overjoyed to find that an old washing machine came with it; the kind that has an agitator and actually fills with as much water as you want. I never thought I would be glad to get rid of a modern machine in favor of an older one!

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
The best purchase was a Honda Element. At first i thought it was ugly, but it was the most comfortable ride ever! And there was plenty of room for when we would spot a yard sale, or see some perfectly good furniture being thrown out. Sadly, it got totaled and we had to buy a smaller car.

Reactions: Paulm
The worst purchase we made was a new washer. It was supposed to be energy efficient, and to be able to conserve water. I liked the way it looked, too - it had a see through lid, and a deep drum. I thought it would be good for washing quilts so I wouldn't have to lug them to a laundromat. Well, we are now putting it on Craig's list!

First of all, the stupid thing wasn't getting our clothes clean! At first, we thought it was the laundry soap we had switched too, so we brought a stronger brand. Then I started noticing dry patches on the clothing after the wash was finished. Got suspicious, and looked it up on YouTube. There was a slew of videos about how to defeat the weight requirement by pouring in a quantity of water to make the clothes heavier, in order to trick the machine into filling with more water. So the darned thing wasn't capable of getting our clothes clean at all. When we moved into our current house, we were overjoyed to find that an old washing machine came with it; the kind that has an agitator and actually fills with as much water as you want. I never thought I would be glad to get rid of a modern machine in favor of an older one!
It didn't happen to be an LG, did it???? OMG.....we had the repair guy out every week for months until they finally agreed to replace with a new one that didn't have the "glitch". Worst buy ever and I'll never buy another LG product! Your description of it fits what I had perfectly!

It didn't happen to be an LG, did it???? OMG.....we had the repair guy out every week for months until they finally agreed to replace with a new one that didn't have the "glitch". Worst buy ever and I'll never buy another LG product! Your description of it fits what I had perfectly!
No, ours was a Maytag, believe it or not! a Maytag Bravos XL.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi

LG = LAST GASP

I love old school washers and dryers.Last forever and a day

My best purchase was a ride on mower,a cheap brand,I only got it to last one season mowing commercially but it still mows my 2 acre house yard 6 years on.My worst purchase was an engagement ring when I was 18,it cost me 10 weeks wages and we split up two months later lol.