Bells in the forest.

DuchessLou

Reaction score
My friend is somewhere currently in the south parts of France.
Upon walking in the woods he heard bells from deeper out of the forest, and saw birds flying away from behind him meters away. (Whenever he stepped on a branch or moved further up the hill the bell(s) also ringed.)
>S/N those little golden bells used in charms and things like that

I already had bad omens about today and got an even worse gut feeling when hearing this.
Should I be worried since I know he's gonna sleep outside tonight close to the forest?

Hi Duchess. I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. Unless there is a non-paranormal issue involved, the sound of bells alone is not something to cancel a hike or camping. He might want to set out an offering of a sweet for any fae or elementals about.

Reactions: Lynne
Sadly there are some paranormal things about the forest/area. Thank you for your advice I will let him know. :)

Welcome to the forum Duchess.
At this stage I would just be aware of your surroundings, but in itself is not an event to worry over. In times past many dogs had bells attached so the owners would know where they were, so it could be a spirit of a companion along for company. Some dogs used in hunting still do today. As far as I know there are no evil entities that carry small bells with them. Morris dancers maybe.

Reactions: Lynne
Or it could just be a wind chime(s) someone put in the woods, perhaps in memory of a loved one or nearby special/personal event.

In the end he found a small grave in the woods and will drop off a small offer later this day.
It's most likely a grave for an animal, like a dog or something else.

Thank you all for your replies. :^)

Reactions: Lynne and Benway