Belief in heaven and hell

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Most Americans believe in heaven … and hell

Most Americans believe in heaven … and hell
By Caryle Murphy
It’s natural for people to want things to turn out well in the end, both in life and, apparently, afterwards. Roughly seven-in-ten (72%) Americans say they believe in heaven — defined as a place “where people who have led good lives are eternally rewarded,” according to the Pew Research Center’s 2014 Religious Landscape Study.

But at the same time, 58% of U.S. adults also believe in hell — a place “where people who have led bad lives and die without being sorry are eternally punished.”

Full story at site

I believe there is heaven,but my belief is everyone goes there.I think hell is living with your bad deeds on Earth and you suffer for them while here,there is no escaping them while you live.People do bad things because of how their brain is wired or affected.I must say I've known a few people who most would consider very bad or evil,yet they all had something good about them.I've also met angelic, beautiful people and all have had something bad about them.We are all good and bad to different degrees.Being good and kind makes you and others around you have a nicer life and you can feel the ultimate love touch you.

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
I believe there is heaven,but my belief is everyone goes there.I think hell is living with your bad deeds on Earth and you suffer for them while here,there is no escaping them while you live.People do bad things because of how their brain is wired or affected.I must say I've known a few people who most would consider very bad or evil,yet they all had something good about them.I've also met angelic, beautiful people and all have had something bad about them.We are all good and bad to different degrees.Being good and kind makes you and others around you have a nicer life and you can feel the ultimate love touch you.
that reminds me of this poem floating around facebook.....kinda makes you look at yourself in a good hard light. remember if you have to judge someone, let that someone be yourself first.

poem2.png

Last edited: