Before Toilet Paper ....

Good read, the sponge on a stick sounds a bit risky though.

So, can anyone envision the next evolutionary replacement for TP?

Reactions: ozentity
Ask an Indian person...

No utensils and only eat with the right hand.

I may resemble that comment :grin:

But since you went there, I have to share this True story shared by a friend many years ago. He was out in the middle of nowhere (desert area)and suddenly had a serious case of backside trouble. He wasn't prepared for the situation so he decided to just use his hand because there wasn't any other choice. When he finished he just flung his hand trying to rid the waste and smacked a rock. Instant reflexes took over and his hand went right into his mouth.... ;vo. I still laugh every time I remember this story, and how he said it took forever to get rid of the taste. He ALWAYS carried tp with him after that adventure

May I just say to both you and Tony....EWWWWWW! lol

Reactions: Paulm
Ask an Indian person...

Soooo, are there no left handed Indians, lol..but the bigger question is , how do you make a one handed sandwich????.... I don't think I'll ever eat Indian food again.

Isn't this, ( the years before toilet paper), how we learned about poison ivy

Ask an Indian person...

I've never heard this about India. I did once work with the Pakistani navy for some weeks. The predominant religion in Pakistan is Islam. Part of our cultural training was to never touch a Pakistani with the left hand. This was due to differences in hygienic behavior. In the head (restroom) there was a gallon jug of water located to the right in each stall and no toilet paper.