Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
8 Beautiful Churches that Have Been Converted to Secular Uses
by ChurchPOP Editor -

a1-700x438.jpg

via imgur.com

Christianity in Europe is dying, and has been for some time. Churches are empty, they can’t be maintained, and so more and more are being sold or abandoned. Some of them end up demolished, while others are simply converted to some secular use.
8 Beautiful Churches that Have Been Converted to Secular Uses | ChurchPOP
This may dovetail with the past topics about having picnics or doing your fitness routine in cemeteries. Personally, I say :mad:. (But...... I kinda admire the use of color in the above pic.)

Reactions: JoMama
The color is beautiful, but I just have problems in my head with a sacred building being converted....and hey, I'm not even of the faith, but I believe any space once consecrated should remain so. Doesn't matter what religion. Seems to me it would be kinda hard to be a tenent once God had lived there before you!

My deal is these are Churches are in 1st world nations. Really good 1st world nations, w/ lots of history and $ and talent to build beautiful structures for the glory of God ( and to show off God-given talents ;)). Maybe the book store gets a pass, and the small Chapel turned into a hunting lodge/ restaurant. Small Chapels were always sorta more multi use. But boxing? Brew Pub? The private family home.... I dunno, do you put up the jungle gym for the kiddies in the graveyard? Plow it over when they grow up and need more room for soccer? Coffee table in lieu of an alter?
I painted a Church that looks a lot like that one in Pennsylvania. The men not of the faith, or even Christian, treated that place with respect and I didn't even have to ask 'em.