Beard or no beard...that is the question

Nada. Won't go 2 or 3 days without shaving. Especially since it decided to grow in grey.:( I have to Norelco electrics that are pushing 20 years old, but maintained.:)
Paint, ya gotta embrace the gray, ...man, in the animal kindom that's a sign of respect and authority....lol..( at least that's what I keep trying to convince myself of...lol )

It depends on the man. Some look better with a well maintained beard. It can give the impression of a stronger jaw. The key word for me is well maintained. The unkept beards are not attractive on anyone.

I lack the genetics for a beard. The men in my family are not known for their facial hair and I'm certainly not the exception. It was great when I was in the Army because if I didn't have time to shave in the morning then nobody would really notice. As a civilian working in an office job I typically only shave on Mondays. At most someone might take a closer look on a Friday and ask if I forgot to shave that morning. I never really wanted a beard so this seemed to be a kind of blessing.

A few years ago I reached the date that, if I had decided to stay in the Army as a career, would have been my 20 years in the military retirement date. With the focus of operations being in the Middle East a lot of soldiers are no longer clean shaven, for some a beard has become a requirement for interacting with the local population. The thought occurred to me that if I had stayed in the Army as a career then I may have been ordered to grow a beard and I'm not sure I could. So last year I decided to give it a try, I went a full 90 days without shaving. The result was a thin, scraggly goatee. It looked like highschool kid tried to grow a Robert Downey Jr IronMan beard. Some people asked if I was planning to let the sides grow in for a full beard because my jaw line was perfectly smooth and hairless, but I hadn't shaved those areas at all. Another 2 months of not shaving didn't make much difference, it didn't get longer or fill in any more so I cut it all off and went back to weekly shaving.

I have a mustache and goatee. That is all that I have. I have some Cherokee and didn't start shaving until I was in my 20s. I have no sideburns and no beard on my cheeks. I hated shaving so I finally just let it go and settled on this. I shave the odd hairs about every three days. What I have is soft and not very stiff. More overgrown peach fuzz than wire-like whiskers. My wife likes it.

I have a mustache and goatee. That is all that I have. I have some Cherokee and didn't start shaving until I was in my 20s. I have no sideburns and no beard on my cheeks. I hated shaving so I finally just let it go and settled on this. I shave the odd hairs about every three days. What I have is soft and not very stiff. More overgrown peach fuzz than wire-like whiskers. My wife likes it.
This is all a month got me lol. I didn’t start growing facial hair for real until 23.

F8A358C6-FCAC-4B54-A77B-A23F48228F80.jpeg