Be honest...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
93374453_2923389207739730_937589277657661440_n.png

Never. I had my own car as soon as I had a license. LOL, I actually drove myself to school in Jr. High. My Dad bought me an old junker while I was doing my learning permit and we fixed it up. The day I got my license he handed me the keys and said, "Take care of it. If you tear it up you walk." I got a before school job and bought another car from a farmer and fixed it up. I had the prettiest candy apple red 56 Chevy hotrod you have ever seen by the time I got to High School. I gave my first car back to my Dad and he sold it for 25 dollars more than he had paid for it.

LOL, can you imagine a time when you could but a car for 75 dollars, drive it for a year and sell it for 100 dollars? My friends and I used to buy, build and tear up a fun car every summer. Back then there really wasn't much else for a boy to do from the age of 16 to 18 other than work and work on his cars. You couldn't go to the bars and you didn't want to stay at home with your parents. I met my wife on the local drag while stoplight racing.

If you didn't have a steady girlfriend or do drugs you were pretty much a motorhead or a woods rat and off hunting, camping and fishing. I was both. I was sort of a late bloomer and didn't really go girl-crazy until I was about 19. I liked girls but was sort of shy and a bit of a loner. I was still working on my shields and teenage drama is a living hell for an unshielded empath. Angst, anger, heartbreak and endless hormonal male posturing just weren't good for me at that time. About the time I turned 19 it all started coming together.

I wish I had my cars back!! A 56 Chevy, a 66 Mustang and then a 72 Cutlass Supreme Pace Car all beautiful cars. When I had the Mustang, I occasionally had to borrow my Dad's Battle Cruser Ford LTD. The back seat of the Mustang left a lot to be desired in a lot of areas.

I didn't joy ride, but would sneak out with my younger brother to wander around, buy ice cream or get into trouble.

Reactions: Benway
I didn't ever try the joy rides. However, my sneaking was a refined skill....lol We lived in a quiet little town, but the "pack" in my neighborhood would hang out after midnight some weekends. We didn't do a thing but talk most times, but getting past my mom was half the adventure! :D

I didn't ever try the joy rides. However, my sneaking was a refined skill....lol We lived in a quiet little town, but the "pack" in my neighborhood would hang out after midnight some weekends. We didn't do a thing but talk most times, but getting past my mom was half the adventure! :D
Yes, that was the best part! Sneaking out the living room window without her knowing about it!

Reactions: Benway and Debi
Never. I had my own car as soon as I had a license. LOL, I actually drove myself to school in Jr. High. My Dad bought me an old junker while I was doing my learning permit and we fixed it up. The day I got my license he handed me the keys and said, "Take care of it. If you tear it up you walk." I got a before school job and bought another car from a farmer and fixed it up. I had the prettiest candy apple red 56 Chevy hotrod you have ever seen by the time I got to High School. I gave my first car back to my Dad and he sold it for 25 dollars more than he had paid for it.

LOL, can you imagine a time when you could but a car for 75 dollars, drive it for a year and sell it for 100 dollars? My friends and I used to buy, build and tear up a fun car every summer. Back then there really wasn't much else for a boy to do from the age of 16 to 18 other than work and work on his cars. You couldn't go to the bars and you didn't want to stay at home with your parents. I met my wife on the local drag while stoplight racing.

If you didn't have a steady girlfriend or do drugs you were pretty much a motorhead or a woods rat and off hunting, camping and fishing. I was both. I was sort of a late bloomer and didn't really go girl-crazy until I was about 19. I liked girls but was sort of shy and a bit of a loner. I was still working on my shields and teenage drama is a living hell for an unshielded empath. Angst, anger, heartbreak and endless hormonal male posturing just weren't good for me at that time. About the time I turned 19 it all started coming together.

I wish I had my cars back!! A 56 Chevy, a 66 Mustang and then a 72 Cutlass Supreme Pace Car all beautiful cars. When I had the Mustang, I occasionally had to borrow my Dad's Battle Cruser Ford LTD. The back seat of the Mustang left a lot to be desired in a lot of areas.
A great discription of the times back in our youth. I had a 69 mustang and it was everything back then. We spent a lot of time working to keep our cars looking good and running because they were usually old lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I didn’t have to sneak out. I had very liberal parents. Almost no rules as long as they knew where we were.