Bandung Old Dutch Bunker Complex, Indonesia

MaCan

Reaction score
During Indonesia occupation by the Dutch and Japanese, they have been built all sorts of fortifications all across the country, such as fortresses and bunkers.
In Bandung, capital city of West Java Indonesia, we have an old bunker complex built during the Dutch occupation, on a man-made cave.

It was built on 1901, originally for a water generated electricity company. But on 1918, the Dutch expanded the bunker by adding some more corridors, with 3 main large corridors each was intended for waterway, ventilation, and also interrogation corridor.

During the building process up to the Indonesian war of independent time, this bunker complex had silently witnessed countless of violence, rapes, murders, and it has also been bathed in blood of thousands of Indonesians, Dutch, and Japanese alike.

Now, the bunker is still there, stood empty, with all of the dark past histories recorded on it's cold walls.

Although it has became a part of Bandung Dago Pakar National Park and in well maintained condition, it's still emitting a thick mythical aura due to it's history, and considered to be a very haunted place in the area. People are still free to enter most areas of the bunker complex during the day for some fees, but at night, there're only a few brave (or foolish) men dare to enter the place.

There's one particular word that is very prohibited for the visitors to say inside of this bunker complex; it's 'lada'. I don't know if 'lada' has another meaning, but in Sundanese of West Java, 'lada' means 'spicy/hot' (it's kind of hot you'd feel with your tongue, as with food).

Those who said 'lada' inside of this bunker complex would usually be ended up having some bad paranormal experience/interactions during their visit there or worse, they'd be ended up being posessed.

---

As ridiculous as it might be sounded to you, but by considering the fact that most of Indonesians are believers to paranormal, paranormal has actually been commercialized here. Thus, up until some years back, every Indonesian television would likely had their own paranormal reality programs/shows.

One of the most famous reality shows in Indonesia was [Masih] Dunia Lain, or [Still] Another World in English.

On this show, they recruited some participants to put their courage into a test by taking them one after the other into some of the most haunted places in Indonesia at the night, and then leave them alone there to see if they can hold their own until dawn-it's a challenge, so to say.

Usually, 80% of the participants (if not 100%) failed, because they were also encouraged to do/say prohibited things during their stay there. How did they fail, you ask? Well, most of them failed because they'd just ended up being possessed, hence, they'd be considered to be incapable of resuming the challenge.

Here, I'd like to share with you all a link to a video of one of [Masih] Dunia Lain challenges, it's an old video, and it took place in Bandung Dutch (Bunker) Cave Complex-Interrogation Corridor.

A word of advice, however, this is a long video (2 hours+ video), and they've broadcasted it live at the time (I saw it live on TV). It means, this video still has some of the recorded energies in it (usually, they'd be able to neutralize most of the energies first if it wasn't a live show), and the video may emit the energies when you're watching it.

Of course, they (the production house who produced it and the television who broadcasted it) have made sure the energies emitted are as harmless as possible for normal average persons so they can watch it safely, but for those who are sensitive to energies, there's a chance the energies emitted by this video will hit their energy barrier and may cause a bit of uneasiness.

Also, since this may be is your first time of watching this kind of paranormal video show from another culture's standpoint, although it's relatively safe for you to watch it, there's always a chance that some of you won't be able to sleep in the next few nights or so after watching it.

Please be very careful when you're watching it, if you think you can't watch it anymore, just stop right there, there's no need to push yourself to continue on watching it for whatever reason. You can always watch it again another time for as long as the video is still there-or you can download it if you like.

Most participants in this video, failed the challenge and they ended up possessed. Still, it's a television show nonetheless, and some of the possessions were most likely scripted, but I can say some others were real, although you probably wouldn't be able to easily tell which ones that were scripted and which ones that were real.

By showing you this video, I also wanted to show you, that 'possession' is not something uncommon to occur in our culture, as it can happen everyday and anywhere to anyone, in an instant way. All possessions level on this video however, are on their average level (they're not extreme nor are they too light). And in this video, you can also see how most average level possession cases are dealt with in Indonesia.

Anyway, this video is entirely in Indonesian (and some Sundanese)-unfortunately I can't find one with at least English subtitles. But I'll translate some of the texts appeared on this video, and I hope my brief background story of the video would be good enough. However, you can also ask me for the translations from anything they've spoken on this video if you want (just make sure you include the minutes part of the video so I can find it).

There're mainly two sentences that will be displayed as texts throughout the video: 'Peserta sedang mengalami kerasukan' means 'the participant is now possessed', and 'Peserta mendengar suara (aneh)' means 'the participant is hearing some (strange) noise(s)/voice(s)'.

And without further ado, here's the link to the video :

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you'll enjoy the video, and remember; please consider this as another form of entertainment from another culture (because it was indeed originally intended for entertainment purpose), don't be too serious when you're watching it.

Last edited:
Thank you, MaCan, for introducing us to some of your culture. Things are very different in other parts of the world and it's a great educational opportunity for us to get to know different customs and beliefs.

Reactions: Pillywiggin
During Indonesia occupation by the Dutch and Japanese, they have been built all sorts of fortifications all across the country, such as fortresses and bunkers.
In Bandung, capital city of West Java Indonesia, we have an old bunker complex built during the Dutch occupation, on a man-made cave.

It was built on 1901, originally for a water generated electricity company. But on 1918, the Dutch expanded the bunker by adding some more corridors, with 3 main large corridors each was intended for waterway, ventilation, and also interrogation corridor.

During the building process up to the Indonesian war of independent time, this bunker complex had silently witnessed countless of violence, rapes, murders, and it has also been bathed in blood of thousands of Indonesians, Dutch, and Japanese alike.

Now, the bunker is still there, stood empty, with all of the dark past histories recorded on it's cold walls.

Although it has became a part of Bandung Dago Pakar National Park and in well maintained condition, it's still emitting a thick mythical aura due to it's history, and considered to be a very haunted place in the area. People are still free to enter most areas of the bunker complex during the day for some fees, but at night, there're only a few brave (or foolish) men dare to enter the place.

There's one particular word that is very prohibited for the visitors to say inside of this bunker complex; it's 'lada'. I don't know if 'lada' has another meaning, but in Sundanese of West Java, 'lada' means 'spicy/hot' (it's kind of hot you'd feel with your tongue, as with food).

Those who said 'lada' inside of this bunker complex would usually be ended up having some bad paranormal experience/interactions during their visit there or worse, they'd be ended up being posessed.

---

As ridiculous as it might be sounded to you, but by considering the fact that most of Indonesians are believers to paranormal, paranormal has actually been commercialized here. Thus, up until some years back, every Indonesian television would likely had their own paranormal reality programs/shows.

One of the most famous reality shows in Indonesia was [Masih] Dunia Lain, or [Still] Another World in English.

On this show, they recruited some participants to put their courage into a test by taking them one after the other into some of the most haunted places in Indonesia at the night, and then leave them alone there to see if they can hold their own until dawn-it's a challenge, so to say.

Usually, 80% of the participants (if not 100%) failed, because they were also encouraged to do/say prohibited things during their stay there. How did they fail, you ask? Well, most of them failed because they'd just ended up being possessed, hence, they'd be considered to be incapable of resuming the challenge.

Here, I'd like to share with you all a link to a video of one of [Masih] Dunia Lain challenges, it's an old video, and it took place in Bandung Dutch (Bunker) Cave Complex-Interrogation Corridor.

A word of advice, however, this is a long video (2 hours+ video), and they've broadcasted it live at the time (I saw it live on TV). It means, this video still has some of the recorded energies in it (usually, they'd be able to neutralize most of the energies first if it wasn't a live show), and the video may emit the energies when you're watching it.

Of course, they (the production house who produced it and the television who broadcasted it) have made sure the energies emitted are as harmless as possible for normal average persons so they can watch it safely, but for those who are sensitive to energies, there's a chance the energies emitted by this video will hit their energy barrier and may cause a bit of uneasiness.

Also, since this may be is your first time of watching this kind of paranormal video show from another culture's standpoint, although it's relatively safe for you to watch it, there's always a chance that some of you won't be able to sleep in the next few nights or so after watching it.

Please be very careful when you're watching it, if you think you can't watch it anymore, just stop right there, there's no need to push yourself to continue on watching it for whatever reason. You can always watch it again another time for as long as the video is still there-or you can download it if you like.

Most participants in this video, failed the challenge and they ended up possessed. Still, it's a television show nonetheless, and some of the possessions were most likely scripted, but I can say some others were real, although you probably wouldn't be able to easily tell which ones that were scripted and which ones that were real.

By showing you this video, I also wanted to show you, that 'possession' is not something uncommon to occur in our culture, as it can happen everyday and anywhere to anyone, in an instant way. All possessions level on this video however, are on their average level (they're not extreme nor are they too light). And in this video, you can also see how most average level possession cases are dealt with in Indonesia.

Anyway, this video is entirely in Indonesian (and some Sundanese)-unfortunately I can't find one with at least English subtitles. But I'll translate some of the texts appeared on this video, and I hope my brief background story of the video would be good enough. However, you can also ask me for the translations from anything they've spoken on this video if you want (just make sure you include the minutes part of the video so I can find it).

There're mainly two sentences that will be displayed as texts throughout the video: 'Peserta sedang mengalami kerasukan' means 'the participant is now possessed', and 'Peserta mendengar suara (aneh)' means 'the participant is hearing some (strange) noise(s)/voice(s)'.

And without further ado, here's the link to the video :

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you'll enjoy the video, and remember; please consider this as another form of entertainment from another culture (because it was indeed originally intended for entertainment purpose), don't be too serious when you're watching it.

I think a US paranormal show, maybe one of Josh Gates' series, did an investigation of this facility as well.

Thanks for sharing MaCan. I remember watching of Coki Pardede and Tretan Muslim(both are Stand up Comedian) went to this cave on Keramat TVshow.