Bamboo

Sad man trying

Reaction score
Okay, okay, I post too frequently. But I guess I'm the type of person who has to tell people stuff.

The following incident is the only other experience of mine where the spirit exerted physical force except for the deadly strong spirit that seems to follow me. It's a very commonplace experience where I come from, Bangladesh. We use a lot of bamboo lol.

So it was when I was 7 years old. It was April 14th, the Bengali new year. I had made some clay dolls to sell in the carnival. I was coming back home after a good sell. It was already dark, and there was no one around. The road home goes through a bamboo bush, about thirty to forty feet across.
I was walking happily with money in my pocket and sweets in my hand(misri, crystalized sugar, they're awesome) when I bumped into something. I looked up to see the bamboo trees in front of me had leaned forward to crisscross themselves tightly enough that I can't wriggle out. I looked back to see the same. I was stuck in a twenty by five feet impenetrable cage of bamboo.
I prayed with with as much voice and accuracy as a crying seven year old could manage. It didn't seem to work. There was no other sound but me praying and whimpering.

This went on for a bit of time. Then, when I was curled up like a ball on the ground, there was a shrill cry, like a bat. A whole lot of thrashing around. Then as suddenly as the bamboo had leaned forward, they leaned back, leaving my way home open. Our village's night patrol was standing on the other end with a hurricane lamp. He took me home, and on the way, he told me that he dealt with these stuff on a regular basis. Occupational Hazzard, if you may call it. He advised me to learn the accurate prayers. Everyone home was worried and my youngest uncle had already gone to the carnival to search for me.
The night patrol guy took off to find him and bring him back as the petni(that's what he called The entity) was already enraged. He was brought back without problem.
My grandma teased me about this for the rest of her days, because apparently the petni targets males to marry them(which makes no sense, in my opinion).

Anyway, what is your take on this? If you have any way of making this nonparamormal event, I'm all ears. If you have any other distinction of this entity other than that, feel free to tell me.

Petni / Shakchunni: Petni are basically female ghosts who died unmarried or have some unsatisfied desires. The word Petni originated from the Sanskrit word Pretni (feminine gender of Preta). The word Shakchunni comes from the Sanksrit word Shankhachurni. It is a ghost of a married woman who usually wears a special kind of traditional bangles made of shell (called ‘Shankha’ in Bengali) in their hands, which is a sign of married woman in Bengal.

• Besho Bhoot: The word Besho comes from the word Baash which means 'Bamboo' in Bengali. Besho Bhoot are ghosts that live in bamboo gardens. People from rural Bengal believe that harmful ghosts live in bamboo gardens, and one should not walk pass these areas after dusk. It is said that when a bamboo leans or lays in the ground, no one should cross over it and should go around it. This is because when someone makes an attempt to cross the bamboo, the bamboo is pulled back straight up by an unseen force, and the person can die as a result. It is also reported that a gusty wind blows inside the bamboo garden while the weather is calm on the outside.[20][21]

Petni / Shakchunni: Petni are basically female ghosts who died unmarried or have some unsatisfied desires. The word Petni originated from the Sanskrit word Pretni (feminine gender of Preta). The word Shakchunni comes from the Sanksrit word Shankhachurni. It is a ghost of a married woman who usually wears a special kind of traditional bangles made of shell (called ‘Shankha’ in Bengali) in their hands, which is a sign of married woman in Bengal.

• Besho Bhoot: The word Besho comes from the word Baash which means 'Bamboo' in Bengali. Besho Bhoot are ghosts that live in bamboo gardens. People from rural Bengal believe that harmful ghosts live in bamboo gardens, and one should not walk pass these areas after dusk. It is said that when a bamboo leans or lays in the ground, no one should cross over it and should go around it. This is because when someone makes an attempt to cross the bamboo, the bamboo is pulled back straight up by an unseen force, and the person can die as a result. It is also reported that a gusty wind blows inside the bamboo garden while the weather is calm on the outside.[20][21]

I've never heard of besho bhoot before...
But it wasn't one bamboo I saw leaning, it was practically all of them, and there was no wind.

Last edited:
That had to be terrifying. You were only 7? Here in the US that is considered too young to be left unattended. I’m glad you got home safe. Thanks for sharing. There are crazy things that happen in life and we may never really know why or what.

Reactions: garnetsilver
That had to be terrifying. You were only 7? Here in the US that is considered too young to be left unattended. I’m glad you got home safe. Thanks for sharing. There are crazy things that happen in life and we may never really know why or what.
Well, it's considered pretty young here too. Depends on the economic background, really.
And let's just conclude by saying that I haven't had the most "attended to" run in life.

Well, it's considered pretty young here too. Depends on the economic background, really.
And let's just conclude by saying that I haven't had the most "attended to" run in life.
Sorry to hear that. I hope life has gotten better.

I can relate! My very disordered and dysfunctional upbringing has made me into the person I am today, for better or worse!

Reactions: Lynne
I can relate! My very disordered and dysfunctional upbringing has made me into the person I am today, for better or worse!
"I'm bad, and that's good. I'll never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." —Ralph, Wreck It Ralph